Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
drajov
drajov began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Unhappy Kindle 4 Crashed in Diags Mode

Hello guys,

I have a regular K4, no Touch.

While being in diagnostics mode I have accidentally pressed power-off button. Now, I can't boot at all. :-(

Any help?
drajov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #2
asciibaron
Connoisseur
asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.asciibaron will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle 4 NT SO
Take the battery out and... Oh wait... You are stuck with a blanked screen and you can see the device on your computer but not access?
asciibaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 03:30 AM   #3
drajov

Yes. Screen is blanked. When I press power-on, green LED is on for 3 seconds, then goes off.

When connect K4 to my Linux box, system recognizes USB device, but no disk, no partitions.

How do I take out the battery?

Last edited by drajov; 01-04-2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:43 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Kindle 4 back is glued on. easy to damage. battery is glued in also. not a good idea.

Ask in kindle developers corner, and find the k4nt wiki from there.

There are possible fixes for this.

First do full hard reset as follows:

Press and hold power button for 30 seconds. Release. Press again and release.

Does it boot now?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:00 AM   #5
drajov

Hey "geekmaster", thank you! Full hard reset helped!
Advert
Old 07-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
coolwes123
coolwes123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
My kindle screen went completely black when I went into diagnostics mode and I've tried the full hard reset and it doesn't work. Can anyone help me???
coolwes123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 03:34 PM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolwes123 View Post
My kindle screen went completely black when I went into diagnostics mode and I've tried the full hard reset and it doesn't work. Can anyone help me???
Read the instructions I provided in your cross-post to the simple debricking thread.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crash