Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 10-11-2023, 08:42 PM   #1
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

As a big fan of Buffy and an ever bigger fan of Angel tv shows, I was surprised at this article. I had no idea that the series was being continued in Audiobook format...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-10-...hise/102964150

I've never dabbled with audiobooks, but $30+ seems quite steep. Is this the normal rate for audiobooks?
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 02:45 AM   #2
rantanplan
Fanatic
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
I've read a few of the comic continuation that were with the involvement of Whedon and Jane Espenson and they always felt very fanfictiony. So I'm not too sure about the audiobook, on the other hand it would just be one Audible credit.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2023, 12:15 PM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
As a big fan of Buffy and an ever bigger fan of Angel tv shows, I was surprised at this article. I had no idea that the series was being continued in Audiobook format...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-10-...hise/102964150

I've never dabbled with audiobooks, but $30+ seems quite steep. Is this the normal rate for audiobooks?
The US members' price is $15.27, which is essentially a wash with the base per credit cost (absent promotions and volume discounts). The non-member price is $21.81, but there's no reason one couldn't sign up, pay for a credit, and then quit.

I loved Buffy and I don't even like to watch television. But when the show was done, so was I. Franchises run their course.* I suspect I'd agree with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
I've read a few of the comic continuation that were with the involvement of Whedon and Jane Espenson and they always felt very fanfictiony.
*Could anyone really be interested in the Frasier reboot?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 01:59 PM   #4
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
The US members' price is $15.27, which is essentially a wash with the base per credit cost (absent promotions and volume discounts). The non-member price is $21.81, but there's no reason one couldn't sign up, pay for a credit, and then quit.

I loved Buffy and I don't even like to watch television. But when the show was done, so was I. Franchises run their course.* I suspect I'd agree with this:

I for one am not interested in it.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 03:30 PM   #5
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The price is high, but maybe that is the going rate for audiobooks. I don't know.
I can buy the entire series of 144 episodes for around $80-$100, so its a bit hard to justify $30 for a single episode, with more episodes to come at the same price.

I tried watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 8 Motion Comic and didn't enjoy that at all.
After the cliffhanger ending of Angel, I was a bit hungry for the "what happens next" story, so purchased the graphic novel "After the Fall". I didn't enjoy that either, but I never have enjoyed comics (I guess I am not imaginative enough to fill in the gaps)

So I tend to agree that everything after the two shows feels amateurish and fan fiction-ny.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2023, 02:48 AM   #6
rantanplan
Fanatic
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
In my head cannon, Frasier would now have a podcast. From the trailer, it doesn't look like it. Also, where's Niles? The actor isn't listed on IMDB for the show either. Just feels wrong.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote