Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-03-2014, 08:16 AM   #16
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Most ereaders are based on Linux, and so can be a bit fussy about the filesystem type on the SD card. They mostly require some type of FAT filesystem. It's best to let the ereader format the card before use so that it gets a fully compatible filesystem on it. In this case, you don't want to erase the contents on the backup card, so it would be best to format some other card in the ereader, and then copy the contents from the backup to the formatted card via a PC.
Unfortunately the Jetbook Mini requires a formatted card (FAT or FAT32) - it cannot format its own.

My problems (some worked - some "identical" ones didn't) were with cards which were all formatted in the same Windows 7 PC so the problem does seem to be card and not format.
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 09:20 PM   #17
DebbyS
Zealot
DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DebbyS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
crich70: "EDIT: By the way, I've never had a similar problem with my JetBook Lite. It has been happy with any card I've plugged into it."

If I have a problem with a book that is on the card in my JBL, I blame the card. However, I have put a few books in the internal memory of my JetBook Lite and the JBL can't open them, and I can't erase them, so I figure something is wrong with the hard drive in the JBL. Oh, well, at least the software in the JBL still works. One time it couldn't read a book or 2 on an SDHC card, so I had my computer look at the card to see if I could do anything, and my computer said upon "sensing" the card, in effect, "I see something wrong there, should I try to fix it?" I said the equivalent of "sure", it did, and later the JBL was able to see and open the book. Hilarity ensued.
DebbyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 03:24 AM   #18
James Bryant
Ebook fanatic since 1962
James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.James Bryant could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Cybook3/REB1100/Kolin/iRex iLiad/JetBook & JB Mini/Onyx C67, T68, Poke
Jetbook & Jetbook Lite are fine - it's the Mini that's difficult.

I never had problems with cards in my Jetbook (which my wife now uses) or my Jetbook Lite ("borrowed" by my sister three years ago but she's talking of getting a Kindle so I may get it back) - just the Mini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyS View Post
crich70: "EDIT: By the way, I've never had a similar problem with my JetBook Lite. It has been happy with any card I've plugged into it."

If I have a problem with a book that is on the card in my JBL, I blame the card. However, I have put a few books in the internal memory of my JetBook Lite and the JBL can't open them, and I can't erase them, so I figure something is wrong with the hard drive in the JBL. Oh, well, at least the software in the JBL still works. One time it couldn't read a book or 2 on an SDHC card, so I had my computer look at the card to see if I could do anything, and my computer said upon "sensing" the card, in effect, "I see something wrong there, should I try to fix it?" I said the equivalent of "sure", it did, and later the JBL was able to see and open the book. Hilarity ensued.
James Bryant is offline   Reply With Quote