Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
novalovesmel
novalovesmel began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro
My Libre not showing all books

Hello everyone. Bought an Aluratek Libre Pro today for my wife for Easter. I have loaded over 100 epubs on the device without a problem. All the books I have tried to open, open fine. However, some books are missing from the list to open them. When I connect it to my computer and I go to the books folder, the files appear within the folder. However, when I click ebooks on the device, and scroll through the 9 pages of books, many are missing. What can I do about this?
novalovesmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:26 AM   #2
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
1- Are you sure the books are in a format the reader can read?

2- You could create a few folders and spread the books over the folders
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:16 AM   #3
novalovesmel

They are all in Epub (non-DRM) format. 99 percent of them are showing up, but the 1% that aren't are of course my wife's favorites.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #4
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalovesmel View Post
They are all in Epub (non-DRM) format. 99 percent of them are showing up, but the 1% that aren't are of course my wife's favorites.
Probably it's a problem with metadata. I noticed some strange, but similar behaviour on my asus as well, if the booktitle is too long.

If the books are copyright-free, give us a sample.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
novalovesmel

The titles are lengthy (has book name, author name as well as series information). Will renaming them work?
Old 04-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
exscentric
Addict
exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exscentric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard
Not acquainted with your unit but have you rebooted? Some of the tablets will not show newly transferred files until you reboot the device.

Some have a refresh feature but even that does not always bring the new file names up.
exscentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalovesmel View Post
The titles are lengthy (has book name, author name as well as series information). Will renaming them work?
How many chars ? 100 ? more ? Make a backup and try renaming (why not ?). Avoid spaces and national characters (characters with accent etc.)

I'm actually talking about metadata, which is some piece of information inside the epub-file and should be displayed on the device. You'll need an epub-editor to change them, like Sigil. They definitely can cause problems on some readers if they are too long.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #8
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
While it is a different firmware, the jetBooks have an issue with the use of "(" and ")" in
titles.

There is also an issue with creating a file structure that is more than three levels deep.

You could try running the offending files through Calibre with the output profile set to;
"jetbook 5-inch".

Luck;
Ken

P.S.; Calibre will also provide a means to work with the metadata.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 04-08-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #9
novalovesmel

I renamed the titles and it did the trick! Thanks!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #10
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
spaces do not give any problems with me!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote