Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #1
hardgainer
Invisible Man
hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook360,Kindle K4
Where can i buy PB360 in UK?

Hi guys. Seems to me like nobody sells PB360 in UK. Where would i find one? I looked up on Ebay on it i found items shipped from US. Tried to Google it but all the websites aren't trusted. Any trustworthy seller you could recommend in UK?
Thanks for answering my d@@b questions folk in advance...
hardgainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #2
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
According to this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=66373&page=2
www.pocketgoods.de ship to the UK for free.
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #3
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardgainer View Post
Hi guys. Seems to me like nobody sells PB360 in UK. Where would i find one? I looked up on Ebay on it i found items shipped from US. Tried to Google it but all the websites aren't trusted. Any trustworthy seller you could recommend in UK?
Thanks for answering my d@@b questions folk in advance...
http://www.greenreader.co.uk/
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
hardgainer
Invisible Man
hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
tnx for these links guys...

But this is just a rip off!!!! basic complectation price from greenreader is £211!!!! whereas the one from germany cost £180 basic (no leather case) and £200 with leather case!!! And it is shipped from Germany!!!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:54 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Exchange rate fluctuations are a much more likely explanation than criminal conspiracies. The Pound is considerably higher against the Euro now than it was a while ago.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 06:57 AM   #6
helen07
helen07 began at the beginning.

Device: none
It's a good book and you can buy it in any the nearest bookshop. Good luck!
helen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 AM   #7
TomeRaider
Enthusiast
TomeRaider began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy, Sony PRS505, PB 302, PB 360
you can get it from greenreader in the uk - but I wouldnt recommend it. Its expensive and flimsy, mine broke after a few weeks and there is no warranty on the screen. The shell and cover offer little protection. At £195 its almost twice the price of kindle for example which is crazy when you see what you get. the 302 is considerably better at pretty much the same price but is bigger of course
TomeRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomeRaider View Post
you can get it from greenreader in the uk - but I wouldnt recommend it. Its expensive and flimsy, mine broke after a few weeks and there is no warranty on the screen. The shell and cover offer little protection. At £195 its almost twice the price of kindle for example which is crazy when you see what you get. the 302 is considerably better at pretty much the same price but is bigger of course
No reading device supplier gives a warranty on the screen.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 08-27-2010 at 07:44 AM.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:47 AM   #9
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
There are some sellers who give insurance for the glass screen (AKA you pay a higher sum when you buy it and they substitute it in case it breaks).
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:06 AM   #10
TomeRaider
Enthusiast

Charging £200 for a 5 inch ereader made of pretty flimsy plastic is more than enough to provide that kind of insurance. I don't know any other manufacturer charging so much for so little.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #11
crc
unknown
crc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Charging £200 for a 5 inch ereader made of pretty flimsy plastic is more than enough to provide that kind of insurance. I don't know any other manufacturer charging so much for so little.
Bookeen's Cybook Opus; Astak Pocket Pro / BeBook Mini. AFAIK only Sony has a 5-inch eink reader under $200 USD, and that lacks any firmware updates and has antiquated software and lack of expandable memory.
crc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:10 AM   #12
TomeRaider
Enthusiast

That was £200 UK pounds I quoted not $200 (note the sign)! 200 pounds equates to $300 more or less. The Sony PRS 300 sells for £124 in the uk which makes it some ways over $100 cheaper. Thats quite a premium price difference to pay on the 360 for upgradeable F/W especially if the build quality is inferior! More interestingly pricewise, is the new Kindle which in addition to wifi has the new improved pearl screen and sells for £110 which is almost half the price of the PB360!
Old 08-29-2010, 05:11 AM   #13
hardgainer
Invisible Man

Quote:
Is it so bad?? It contradicts what i heard about PB360... I have to months to decide which one i'll buy and so far my choice was PB360 since it accepts so many formats has an updates and is fully customizable. Kindle has a loadz of restrictions that's why i opted out. And reads only few formats. So which one should i buy??? I feel puzzled...
Old 08-29-2010, 06:22 AM   #14
TomeRaider
Enthusiast

the format is not such an issue. you will likely simply convert all your books to
Old 08-29-2010, 06:24 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardgainer View Post
Is it so bad?? It contradicts what i heard about PB360... I have to months to decide which one i'll buy and so far my choice was PB360 since it accepts so many formats has an updates and is fully customizable. Kindle has a loadz of restrictions that's why i opted out. And reads only few formats. So which one should i buy??? I feel puzzled...
I would respectfully disagree with the previous poster; I think the PB360 is the best 5" reader on the market. Any eInk device has to be treated with a certain degree of respect, but look after it, and you really shouldn't have any problems. The thing you need to avoid is any kind of "twisting" force - that's what will fracture the glass substrate of the screen.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote