Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #24286
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Bancha. I had some coffee on the way in.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #24287
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
The only good thing about going into Osaka today...

Taken with my iPhone 5

Time for a glass of rum!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #24288
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First mug of tea.

It's not nearly as scenic here, but it's Monday, so I'll be seeing the horses.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #24289
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So I was suppose to go to training at work. I had been told for two months I was going to training. Friday I was told I wasn't suppose to go to training. Today my supervisor asks why I am not in training. I tell him I was removed from the list on Friday. At 9:30 today I am told to go to training.

(Sigh)

Ah well, six weeks of fun with opportunities to learn. But no place to store personal stuff. No place for my tea kettle.

(Sigh)

Ordering a large thermos online so I can bring good tea with me.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #24290
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One pill makes you larger And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall
And if you go chasing rabbits And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar Has given you the call
To call Alice, when she was just small
When the men on the chessboard get up And tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom And your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice, I think she'll know
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards And the red queen's off with her head Remember what the dormouse said “Feed your head, feed your head”

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl89g2SwMh4)

They must have been talking about dealing with Japanese bureaucracy when they wrote this... This is EXACTLY what it feels like... a bizarre acid trip!

Good morning, all. Another day of looking forward to office hopping, getting papers stamped. At least the scenery is nice. And so is my tea; today it's Ahmad's "English Breakfast" tea. Rice and miso soup beside it, then it's back into the trenches...

Stitchawl
Advert
Old 04-02-2013, 05:44 AM   #24291
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Coffee in my cup -- after my first night in the new house! I brought the bird over yesterday, so I had a little company last night. (And yes, I admit I hauled his cage into the bedroom with me last night, lol.) I boarded the dog during the weekend, so I'll pick him up today and bring him here for the first time. I've still got contractors working here for the next few days, so it's not ideal, but I can put him back in the bedroom when I'm not here I guess. It's a mess in here right now but I'm pretty pleased with how the floors and the painting turned out.

Here's the view from my chair right now. Yes, there are random pieces of furniture sitting around, but I am so happy I opted to have the old carpet pulled up and the floors refinished. 45 year old oak floors, and they are just lovely. There are a few dark spots from water probably, but I choose to believe it just adds character.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-04-02 05.30.16.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	751.0 KB
ID:	103788  
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:02 AM   #24292
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Those floors ARE beautiful! I hope that you settle in quickly and easily. And can find everything that you've packed away!

Time for an early evening glass of Mango Lassi. I've got a Green Thai curry bubbling on the stove, should be just about ready.... Getting me psyched to face the Consulate tomorrow morning!

Stitchawl
Old 04-02-2013, 06:11 AM   #24293
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Those are indeed lovely floors.

Nothing in my cup at the moment. I'm currently waiting to be given a start date for my new job, although I have yet to hear about the security clearance.

Still, it's not anywhere near the kind of bureaucracy Stichawl is having to cope with.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #24294
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Very nice Betty!

Pu-Erh in my thermos.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #24295
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Thanks, everyone. Sitting here giggling at this REI page. Kitten Adventure Gear:

http://www.rei.com/share/adventure-k...s&sf11012136=1
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #24296
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Coke Zero #2 in my cup.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #24297
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Still, it's not anywhere near the kind of bureaucracy Stichawl is having to cope with.
I have discovered that, even with meditating twice a day for years, the very best way to deal with this currant insanity is a very large glass of Bombay Sapphire on the rocks!

Stitchawl
Old 04-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #24298
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
You can't beat beautiful wood flooring. Hope you settle in quickly Betty.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #24299
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
The floors are absolutely beautiful Betty. Enjoy your new home.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:51 AM   #24300
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Coke Zero #3 in my cup.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?