Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #31
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by superzhou View Post
I got Chinese font displayed on Kindle 2 also.
How is the text to speech?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:27 PM   #32
superzhou
superzhou began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
How is the text to speech?
It said "back quote, back quote"
superzhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2009, 07:04 AM   #33
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse View Post
I've been focused elsewhere (crosscompiler).

Did you modify /usr/java/lib/font.properties or did you just drop new fonts into /usr/java/lib/ with the same names as existing fonts?

Which did you replace?
Just bricked my Kindle 2

here's how:
1) created subfolder fonts subfolder under system folder on the Kindle drive and copied unicode fonts there.
2) /usr/java/lib/font.properties (replaced font file names and added appendedfontpath=/mnt/us/system/fonts)
3) copied edited file to Kindle drive along with the update that would copy it over the original file
4) installed the update

Unfortunately for me I made a typo in the appendedfontpath value so when Kindle tried to load the fonts it fails and screen goes dark (just about the time boot progress bar gets to letter "n" in the word amazon)

USB drive still mounts though. I put an update that would revert /usr/java/lib/font.properties to the origianl state and tried forcing the update blindly (pressing menu-down-down-down-click-menu-down-down-click-click). Nothing happens though. I guess that the app that is supposed to receive keyboard input never starts because of the font issue.

Tried waiting for 10 minutes until it would fall asleep and install the update automatically and then reboot. But I guess that it only autoinstalls updates that are download from Whispernet.

Turning it on and off as well and hard reset still work.

I guess it's officially bricked now unless someone can point me to a way to forcing it to install the update package that is there on the USB drive right after it starts up.

I knew what I was risking when I started messing with it so I don't blame anyone except myself.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote