Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
lehbaurd
lehbaurd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch Custom Fonts

I have been reading around on these forums as a lurker for a while now and have to say thanks to all for such a fantastic resource which is allowing me to understand so much about my device and the possibilities of whole ebook experience.

I know that there is a hack that allows custom fonts on Kindle Touch if you jailbreak it but I think I have read in one of the threads that you can apply this without the jailbreak. I don't really find the stock fonts very readable and I'd like to have a better choice. I am sure that I am being slow but could someone please help me out with a basic "how to" given that I am at a very primitive stage in my understanding of all this?
lehbaurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=187752
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
You can use Calibre, the latest version has font embedding without kindle jailbreak. Just convert your book to azw3 (select the desired font) and transfer the book to the kindle. Thats all.
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
jarrahloh
Cageside Chronicles
jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jarrahloh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kobo Touch, iPhone
I've never had a problem with the font, I think it's perfect. But I hate the sizing. There is a big gap in between the standard size and the next size up.
jarrahloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Again you can use Calibre to set the spacing of the font sizes.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert