Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-17-2014, 10:03 PM   #136
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
When tying to save setting in Customize Plugin had the following error using calibre 1.201.1
This version fixes that bug for me. Thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 07-23-2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:36 PM   #137
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
This version fixes that bug for me. Thanks for pointing it out.
Works
bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2014, 07:55 PM   #138
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Updated qt5 test version that fixes the bug in saving configuration in qt4 introduced in the last update.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 07-23-2014 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Remove obsolete beta versions
Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #139
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 2.0.0 - 22 Jul 2014
  • Now supporting Qt5 and Calibre 2.0 (currently in beta).
  • Translations updates to Spanish, French and Ukrainian and new translation Portuguese (Brazil), courtesy of the volunteers at Transifex.
  • Plugin zip file now uncompressed for performance per Kovid's recommendation.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:53 PM   #140
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
JimmXinu - I did not get a message telling me there was a 2.0.0 on calibre start. Should I have got one?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2014, 11:14 PM   #141
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
BR: Give it another 30 minutes. Calibre is actually talking to another site about the plugins. I'm pretty sure that it checks every hour. And JimmXinu updated the plugin at exactly the wrong time
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:35 PM   #142
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
BR: Give it another 30 minutes. Calibre is actually talking to another site about the plugins. I'm pretty sure that it checks every hour. And JimmXinu updated the plugin at exactly the wrong time
What he said. And I'm just gifted that way.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:33 AM   #143
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks guys, I had a feeling it might be something like that. I just fired up a different calibre and it was waiting for me.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:58 PM   #144
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 2.0.1 - 19 Aug 2014
  • New translation for Swedish, courtesy of the volunteers at Transifex.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #145
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Version 2.0.2 - 08 Sep 2014
  • New translations for German and Greek, courtesy of the volunteers at Transifex.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:19 PM   #146
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'm trying to use the latest EpubSplit and I was wondering if a modification could be made to how it works.

What I would like is that after I select the files I want to split out from the main ePub, I would like to not get the edit metadata requester. I don't want the metadata converted by Calibre. I would just like to have an option to bypass that step and just have the new ePub built with the files I've selected (and all the other bits that go with them). That would be great if this could be done. What happens now is I have to back off the updated metadata and it's a pain to have to do so. For example, the ePub I just split now has two covers because of Calibre's updated metadata.

If you still want to keep in the update metadata part of the plugin, then please make it optional.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:27 PM   #147
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I'm trying to use the latest EpubSplit and I was wondering if a modification could be made to how it works.

The 'Edit Metadata' dialog is used before the epub is even generated as a way to let the user edit the metadata without me having to re-invent that particular wheel.

A certain minimum of metadata is required by calibre to even have a book in the database. You can control which fields will be copied from the source book in EpubSplit's config.

The epub generated doesn't have any extra metadata from calibre. Are you sure you aren't confusing metadata added later by calibre with what EpubSplit creates originally? Calibre adds quite a bit of metadata when you save an ebook outside calibre or write it to a device.

Or is this the same conversation we had back in June regarding metadata output? EpubSplit generates completely new content.opf and toc.ncx files for new epubs, so it's not going to match the original epub exactly.

If you have EpubSplit config set to 'Copy Cover' and manually include the cover page in the split, you can end up with two covers that way. I'd suggest only doing one or the other.
Old 09-29-2014, 03:44 PM   #148
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
The 'Edit Metadata' dialog is used before the epub is even generated as a way to let the user edit the metadata without me having to re-invent that particular wheel.

A certain minimum of metadata is required by calibre to even have a book in the database. You can control which fields will be copied from the source book in EpubSplit's config.

The epub generated doesn't have any extra metadata from calibre. Are you sure you aren't confusing metadata added later by calibre with what EpubSplit creates originally? Calibre adds quite a bit of metadata when you save an ebook outside calibre or write it to a device.

Or is this the same conversation we had back in June regarding metadata output? EpubSplit generates completely new content.opf and toc.ncx files for new epubs, so it's not going to match the original epub exactly.

If you have EpubSplit config set to 'Copy Cover' and manually include the cover page in the split, you can end up with two covers that way. I'd suggest only doing one or the other.
Thank you. It does work better unchecking the Copy cover option.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:22 AM   #149
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
I'm having a weird problem. When I split an epub omnibus, sort everything out and convert the books to azw3, I can't send all the split-off books to my kindle. It only lets one onto it at a time. What's happening?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 10:34 AM   #150
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
I'm having a weird problem. When I split an epub omnibus, sort everything out and convert the books to azw3, I can't send all the split-off books to my kindle. It only lets one onto it at a time. What's happening?
Are you making sure each split book has a different name? That's the only thing that comes to mind that's associated with EpubSplit.