Enthusiast
HaoZeke began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hey could I request an exit button?
HaoZeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #977
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Exit from what?
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 04:18 PM   #978
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Hi vlad59!

There seems to be a new 2.0 version of Calibre (in beta?).

Is COPS (or will COPS be) compatible with this new version? Who has any idea?

I an not planning to update Calibre (on my main machine) unless it is compatible with my favourite e-book serving software.

Maybe I will test with my test-machine when I can get it online again. (I need a few components to setup and test another PC.)
Old 08-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #979
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Seeing the only real change with calibre 2.0 from 1.x is that the GUI toolkit has migrated from QT 4 to QT 5, I doubt there is any impact at all on COPS.

In fact, during the beta stages of 2.0 people were switching back and forth from the 1.x to 2.x builds with no other changes needed; the db used by calibre (and COPS) has not changed.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:54 AM   #980
mariosipad
Guru

@PeterT

That would be good news (no changes in the database).

I use calibre to collect my books, COPS to serve them and Marvin (iOS app) to read them.

On the Marvin forum it was stated that Marvin does not work (for now) with calibre 2.0. I could not find out if it was a database or interface problem, so to be better safe than sorry, I planned not to upgrade calibre for the time being.
Advert
Old 08-23-2014, 11:23 AM   #981
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The Marvin issue is simply that it has NOT been updated to use QT5 as opposed to QT4.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #982
dream46go
dream46go began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, I need insert a login pannel previous Calibre OPDS PHP Server, for multiple users.
How can I do it?
dream46go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 04:35 PM   #983
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@all

Hi all. Sorry for the long time without any post. I was enjoying some vacation and for me a good vacation is without any Wifi / GSM / ... So I read a lot and had a lot of fun/sleep. I'm ready to work again on COPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengst View Post
Hi,
First of all thank you very much for your efforts!
I have a Kindle PW2 (FW 5.4.3.2) and have tried to use the browser with cops. I'm able to use the interface for downloading books, but I can't change any settings, every input is ignored. I also can't switch to bootstrap or use the search box.
That was reported earlier but so far I've not found an explanation for that.

@eXistenZ

I've not tested the Bootstrap template with custom columns so I'm almost sure you're right : https://github.com/seblucas/cops/issues/172

@abbe

I've already answered you by mail, again a bug : https://github.com/seblucas/cops/issues/170

@Michel4632

The bootstrap template cannot be used with server side rendering. I'll fix that soon : https://github.com/seblucas/cops/issues/171

@others I've missed

I'll read again all posts tomorrow to be sure to forget nobody
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:23 AM   #984
tony59
tony59 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Devices with Coolreader
Don't know if you have solved the issue, but have you checked that the path to your db file has been included in you php open_basedir statement in Control Panel/Web Services/PHP Settings?
tony59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #985
dream46go
dream46go began at the beginning.

Device: none
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in /home/a9373361/public_html/eb/book.php on line 142

Hi, I have 5.2.17 and I can upgrade to a new php version.
How can remove the problem, and rune in php 5.2.17, without some functions?
Thank you.
dream46go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #986
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream46go View Post
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION, expecting ')' in /home/a9373361/public_html/eb/book.php on line 142

Hi, I have 5.2.17 and I can upgrade to a new php version.
How can remove the problem, and rune in php 5.2.17, without some functions?
Thank you.
COPS has never been tested with PHP 5.2 (it needs PHP >= 5.3), I don't even know if it can work with PHP 5.2
Old 09-02-2014, 02:06 AM   #987
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Hi

Is there a way to implement another form of authentication? This http passwd type thing is not so compatible with many apps (not browsers but mobile app like cool reader, document viewer etc). It would be great if we could get opds compatible logins in place maybe?

thanks
exachillus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 02:26 AM   #988
vlad59
Addict

@all Synology users

I've made a Pull Request to synocommunity to update COPS package. In the meanwhile, you can download the updated package here.

EDIT : There was some problem on package upgrade ... I removed the package to investigate

@exachillus

Quote:
Originally Posted by exachillus View Post
Hi
Is there a way to implement another form of authentication? This http passwd type thing is not so compatible with many apps (not browsers but mobile app like cool reader, document viewer etc). It would be great if we could get opds compatible logins in place maybe?
thanks
Is there any OPDS compatible login method ? To my knowledge beside going for OAuth which is IMHO clearly overkill, there is not much.

Last edited by vlad59; 09-03-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #989
vlad59
Addict

COPS 1.0.0RC2 has been updated in Synocommunity repository today.

EDIT : it was removed to investigate a upgrade problem

Last edited by vlad59; 09-03-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:55 PM   #990
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@all Synology users

I've made a Pull Request to synocommunity to update COPS package. In the meanwhile, you can download the updated package here.

@exachillus

Is there any OPDS compatible login method ? To my knowledge beside going for OAuth which is IMHO clearly overkill, there is not much.
I see. Well the other issue is the security even if the app likes accepting the user/pass combo from the url.

I would highly recommend that this method is not used over standard http by Cops users. Either tunnel through VPN to access your server your use proper https setup otherwise sending clear text over the wire is not that smart nowadays in my view. I personally do not use http for this kind of security.

One other issue that I seem to have is that mobile(android) browsers like Tint and Lighting are not able download from the site, except Firefox mobile. Has anyone had similar problems when it comes to downloading titles from your own server?

In any case I like Cops . I personally thing that it is better Calibre`s internal given that it has to run a separate server which brings down other security issues unless it is strictly used within the originating network.
exachillus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology