Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-24-2013, 07:05 AM   #46
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
I dunno maybe we should ask MR. Humphreys to weigh in on it?
Do you think he'd be free?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #47
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Do you think he'd be free?

Your right We should check with Capt. Peacock first.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2013, 09:53 PM   #48
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
You do realise that there will be a lot of younger people out there who haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about? Fortunately I'm not one of them and it gave me the best laugh I've had today.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:44 PM   #49
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Heh, heh... You've all done very, very well... LOL.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:18 AM   #50
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
lol

Now where are the buxom nurses?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #51
ryalf74
ryalf74 has a spectacular aura aboutryalf74 has a spectacular aura aboutryalf74 has a spectacular aura aboutryalf74 has a spectacular aura aboutryalf74 has a spectacular aura aboutryalf74 has a spectacular aura aboutryalf74 has a spectacular aura aboutryalf74 has a spectacular aura aboutryalf74 has a spectacular aura aboutryalf74 has a spectacular aura aboutryalf74 has a spectacular aura about

Device: ipad
Do you guys have a photo of a kobo? What is it? All I know is the kindle fire. I'm sorry. Just a newb.
ryalf74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:55 AM   #52
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryalf74 View Post
Do you guys have a photo of a kobo? What is it? All I know is the kindle fire. I'm sorry. Just a newb.
Have a look at the Kobo site. Pictures and lots of details.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #53
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
lol

Now where are the buxom nurses?
In Young Mr. Grace's office of course.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #54
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
Dog friendly - both dachshunds can climb on me, find a comfy spot, and while one hand holds my mini the other hand is free to scratch ears, rub bellies, and hand out treats
Dog hairs on the screen are a bit more irritating than when they are in a paperback book though.....
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:22 AM   #55
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
In Young Mr. Grace's office of course.
Well, old Mister Grace doesn't get around much anymore.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #56
jackastor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Dog hairs on the screen are a bit more irritating than when they are in a paperback book though.....
I have a Jack Russell and I would have to agree with you, but fortunately the dog hair seems to be all white so its not so bad. . But I am wondering if Kobo will be going to go with the new flexible eink screens in the near future. Which would of course make the screen and device way more durable.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #57
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
But I am wondering if Kobo will be going to go with the new flexible eink screens in the near future. Which would of course make the screen and device way more durable.
I've been wondering about this. Would a flexible screen be more susceptable to damage? Since it can be bent, can it be bent too far and creased?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:25 PM   #58
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I like the physical design.

I like that it can handle epub and cbr.

I like that I can sideload books.

I like that it is basically non-closed.

I like the light on the Glo.

I like that Kobo gives me more than sufficient ammunition to complain about the firmware.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 AM   #59
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
After a little bit more than a week with a Mini, here are the 3 things that I like the best (that may change when I'll know the device better):
  • I can hold it between my thumb and fingers
  • It's easy to toggle WIFI on/off. Three taps from a book, two taps from the home screen
  • When reading a Kepub book, there is a estimated time until the end of the chapter, one for the next chapter and another one for the whole book. And that is in addition to the page number within said chapter.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #60
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
  • It's easy to toggle WIFI on/off. Three taps from a book, two taps from the home screen
You don't even have to switch Wifi on, you can just go and do whatever it is that you were planning to do with the Wifi (sync; browse etc). If Wifi is off, it will say "Wifi is off! May I switch it on?" and all you have to do is tap "Yes." That's only one extra tap instead of the three or two that you're doing
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote