Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-11-2013, 02:03 PM   #1621
moonster
moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.moonster can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
So, (maybe) the proper order:
- Downgrade to 5.3.? (the jailbrake topic offers 5.3.1 but JB works on 5.3.4..so which one?)
- Jailbrake , preferred method (JailBreak v1.8.N)
- Backdoorlock to stop autoupdate
- Kindlet
- JBpatch (Is this the only/easiest way to use hypenation and custom margins?)

Is the correct order?
moonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:44 AM   #1622
MuadDib81
MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle PW2
Hi!

I had a Kindle Touch and it was awesome with JBPatch! Now I bought PW2 and what I'm missing is this nice progress bar!

Because it's 109!!! pages in this thread I wouldn't like to read all of them (it can take hours!) and this is why I'm asking you if someone knows something similar (or if there is allready a version of JBPatch) to get this nice progress bar back (with chapter-dots )

Thank you!

EDIT: Oh, my Kindle PW2 sw version is 5.42...

Last edited by MuadDib81; 12-12-2013 at 02:45 AM. Reason: added sw version
MuadDib81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #1623
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuadDib81 View Post
Hi!

I had a Kindle Touch and it was awesome with JBPatch! Now I bought PW2 and what I'm missing is this nice progress bar!

Because it's 109!!! pages in this thread I wouldn't like to read all of them (it can take hours!) and this is why I'm asking you if someone knows something similar (or if there is allready a version of JBPatch) to get this nice progress bar back (with chapter-dots )

Thank you!

EDIT: Oh, my Kindle PW2 sw version is 5.4.2 ...
The policy at this site is to list everything that is available in the first post of the thread.

Ah - a first time poster hint:

Upper right corner of page - find text box and search button -
Leave text box empty, click the search button -
That will land you on the "Advanced Search" page of this site.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:50 AM   #1624
MuadDib81
MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.MuadDib81 can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The policy at this site is to list everything that is available in the first post of the thread.

Ah - a first time poster hint:

Upper right corner of page - find text box and search button -
Leave text box empty, click the search button -
That will land you on the "Advanced Search" page of this site.
Thank you for the answer!

And thank you for the "Advanced Search" hint... didn't knew it before.

MuadDib81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 08:37 AM   #1625
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuadDib81 View Post
Thank you for the answer!

And thank you for the "Advanced Search" hint... didn't knew it before.
There is also a "Search this Thread" pull-down in the menu bar at the top of the thread.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2013, 09:07 AM   #1626
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
I have a KPW with FW 5.3.1, and have successfully installed JBPatch. However, I can't get the margin change to work. everything else does. Any ideas to help?
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #1627
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
I have a KPW with FW 5.3.1, and have successfully installed JBPatch. However, I can't get the margin change to work. everything else does. Any ideas to help?
Did you read *all* of the documentation on the Wiki? You need to jump through a few hoops to get the margins to actually change.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #1628
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I did what the wiki said, but still no luck. What do I do?
Old 12-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #1629
Waylander
Fanatic

Don't worry it now works.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:36 PM   #1630
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
Temporally hack for Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4-5.3.9 and Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Generation 5.4.2 with "English (United Kingdom)" interface:

update_fonthack_0.3_pw_534.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_535.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_536.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_538.zip
update_fonthack_0.3_pw_539.zip

update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_542.zip

- The changed size of a font at reading books mobi (Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)
- The changed size of a font at reading books kf8/azw3 (HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The changed size of a font in the panel of search (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar);
- The switched on reflow-mode for pdf-documents (Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar);
- The changed margins at reading books mobi and kf8 (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The reduced margins for pdf-documents (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar);
- The reduced height of the bottom progressbar (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar).

More details in a Readme_eng.txt file...

I have a PW2 that I just jailbreaked (firmware 5.4.2). I changed the language to English [UK] and installed the both the Margins folder with the hack (ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar) inside and the included update_fonthack_0.4_pw2_install.bin to the root Kindle folder. I then successfully updated the kindle and afterwards it rebooted. However, I can't see any changes to the margins.

Is this procedure correct? Is the Margins folder supposed to be in the root folder or am I missing something else?
Old 12-15-2013, 03:13 PM   #1631
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
Is this procedure correct? Is the Margins folder supposed to be in the root folder or am I missing something else?
After the install a log file has been created in the root dictory of your kindle. Open it and see if the file was correctly installed.

But yes is the correct procedure, update + margins in the root, update, english UK interfaz.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #1632
Mike76
Connoisseur
Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.Mike76 turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013, Kobo Mini, iPad Mini
Quote:
You have to copy just the content of the Margins folder (the .jar file) and not the folder itself into the root directory of Kindle.
Mike76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #1633
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchamaco View Post
After the install a log file has been created in the root dictory of your kindle. Open it and see if the file was correctly installed.

But yes is the correct procedure, update + margins in the root, update, english UK interfaz.
The log file indicates the install is looking for the files in /mnt/us/ but can't find them.

Start install: Sun Dec 15 13:50:02 EST 2013
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: check: Skip: /mnt/us/Mobi-drawing-en_GB.jar not found.
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: check: Skip: /mnt/us/HTMLReader-impl-en_GB.jar not found.
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: check: Skip: /mnt/us/Reader-plugin-en_GB.jar not found.
OTA_install: level I: install: Installing hacked file (/mnt/us/ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar)...
OTA_install: level I: check: Skip: /mnt/us/ReaderSDK-impl-en_GB.jar not found.
Complete install: Sun Dec 15 13:50:07 EST 2013
Old 12-15-2013, 03:43 PM   #1634
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike76 View Post
You have to copy just the content of the Margins folder (the .jar file) and not the folder itself into the root directory of Kindle.
Thank you! A misinterpretation of the instructions on my part. The margins is working great now.
Old 12-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #1635
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
The log file indicates the install is looking for the files in /mnt/us/ but can't find them.
Correct.
'/mnt/us/' is the internal pathname to what the user sees as the root of the USB storage area.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks