Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
spktme
spktme began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Calibre Needs to make a sewing pattern database please!

I LOVE Calibre and have told all of my family and friends about it! Something like calibre would be perfect for sewing patterns both digital and hard copies.

Seriously tons of people are becoming serious sewers and crafters again with shows like Project Runway being a great catalyst for this change.

I would be happy to pay for this product and I know others would too!

There is a definite need out there to be able to catalog and keep all these patterns both digital ones and hard copies in a single database and to sync with your phone or handheld.

Right now there are a couple of apps for the Ipod and Iphone but nothing for the Droids (which is what I have) and nothing you can install on your pc and sync like we do calibre.

Sewing Kit - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sewin...382162683?mt=8

Pattern Pal - http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/patte...368645668?mt=8

Fabric Stash - http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/fabri...333263300?mt=8

Any help or even recommendations of someone who would be interested would be greatly appreciated. I know lots of sewing blogs who would be happy to publish the information.

Thanks!
P.S. Keep up the good work on Calibre!
spktme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Welcome to MobileRead.

Why don't you just use calibre to convert your patterns to ePubs and then use them as a normal calibre library. Book metadata should map pretty well to sewing patterns. I'm not quite sure how/why you would need calibre modified to support your requirement.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agama View Post
Why don't you just use calibre to convert your patterns to ePubs and then use them as a normal calibre library. Book metadata should map pretty well to sewing patterns. I'm not quite sure how/why you would need calibre modified to support your requirement.
My wife does this. We also keep manuals for sewing and embroidery machines, sewing books, etc. in there, all tagged sewing or embroidery.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote