Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #151
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by khseal View Post
My English is very bad. =)
I realized what was causing the problem and fix it.

I need a module usb-storage.ko. I think it is enough only this module. I hope that in the firmware is a function depmod. If you can get it that would be good. I tried to compile the kernel but still did not succeed.
okay.
[root@kindle root]# what
Kindle 5!

[root@kindle root]# depmod --help
Quote:
depmod 3.2.2 -- part of module-init-tools
depmod -[aA] [-n -e -v -q -V -r -u]
[-b basedirectory] [forced_version]
depmod [-n -e -v -q -r -u] [-F kernelsyms] module1.o module2.o ...
If no arguments (except options) are given, "depmod -a" is assumed

depmod will output a dependancy list suitable for the modprobe utility.

Options:
-a, --all Probe all modules
-n, --show Write the dependency file on stdout only
-V, --version Print the release version
-h, --help Print this usage message

The following options are useful for people managing distributions:
-b basedirectory
--basedir basedirectory Use an image of a module tree.
-F kernelsyms
--filesyms kernelsyms Use the file instead of the
current kernel symbols.
So depmod is there
[root@kindle root]# which depmod
Quote:
/sbin/depmod
Will shove this usb module on the list of stuff "to do".

(after we get the general dithering targets completed for X)
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #152
khseal
Enthusiast
khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Will shove this usb module on the list of stuff "to do".

(after we get the general dithering targets completed for X)
Ok.
I will try to compile the kernel itself. I read the manuals. I need still scsi_mod.ko.
khseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #153
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Ok.
I will try to compile the kernel itself. I read the manuals. I need still scsi_mod.ko.
I suspect that it is built-in.
If you grep'd the kernel's symbol table you would probably find it.
The Kindles use very old kernel versions that do not report on modules that are already built-in.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #154
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

[root@kindle root]# /usr/libexec/scsi_id

Quote:
Usage: scsi_id OPTIONS <device>
--device= device node for SG_IO commands
--config= location of config file
--page=0x80|0x83|pre-spc3-83 SCSI page (0x80, 0x83, pre-spc3-83)
--sg-version=3|4 use SGv3 or SGv4
--blacklisted threat device as blacklisted
--whitelisted threat device as whitelisted
--replace-whitespace replace all whitespaces by underscores
--verbose verbose logging
--version print version
--export print values as environment keys
--help print this help text
okay. I noted this utility FWIW. will add to pile.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #155
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
[root@kindle root]# /usr/libexec/scsi_id

- - - -

okay. I noted this utility FWIW. will add to pile.
I think that utility is from back in the days when only SCSI physical interface devices where known as: scsi to Linux.
(v-2.2 .. v-2.5.something kernels)

I don't think it will be of any use or of very limited use on a machine that only has "virtual scsi" devices.

Last edited by knc1; 11-19-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:53 AM   #156
twobob

AH right.

a vestigial tale
Old 11-20-2012, 12:41 PM   #157
khseal
Enthusiast
khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.khseal actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

I'm batman =)
It is victory.
ehci_hcd: USB 2.0 'Enhanced' Host Controller (EHCI) Driver
fsl-ehci fsl-ehci.1: Freescale On-Chip EHCI Host Controller
fsl-ehci fsl-ehci.1: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
fsl-ehci fsl-ehci.1: irq 14, io base 0x53f80200
fsl-ehci fsl-ehci.1: USB 2.0 started, EHCI 1.00
usb usb1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
hub 1-0:1.0: 1 port detected
SCSI subsystem initialized
Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #158
twobob

you d man
Old 11-22-2012, 04:52 AM   #159
khseal
Enthusiast

I'm create super china storage for debian. It is usb adaptor and microSD 8gb.
Supply current 40-50ma. When rmmod ehci-hcd supply current 0-1ma.
How to run rmmod ehci-hcd when the screensaver? And when you turn off the screensaver run moprobe ehci-hcd?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG036.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	96636  
Old 11-22-2012, 05:23 AM   #160
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I think you could plug into the LIPC stack and wait for the screensaver events.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:34 AM   #161
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Supply current 40-50ma. When rmmod ehci-hcd supply current 0-1ma.
How to run rmmod ehci-hcd when the screensaver? And when you turn off the screensaver run moprobe ehci-hcd?
This command will block script until screensaver will be enabled:
Code:
lipc-wait-event com.lab126.powerd goingToScreenSaver
This command will block script until screensaver will be disabled:
Code:
lipc-wait-event com.lab126.powerd outOfScreenSaver
Here is a script (replace echo with modprobe/rmmod):
Code:
lipc-wait-event -m com.lab126.powerd goingToScreenSaver,outOfScreenSaver |  while read event wtf_num; do
  if [ "x$event" = "xgoingToScreenSaver" ]; then
    echo "screensaver enabled"
  else if [ "x$event" = "xoutOfScreenSaver" ]; then
    echo "screensaver disabled"
  fi; fi
done
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #162
khseal
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
This command will block script until screensaver will be enabled:
Code:
lipc-wait-event com.lab126.powerd goingToScreenSaver
This command will block script until screensaver will be disabled:
Code:
lipc-wait-event com.lab126.powerd outOfScreenSaver
Here is a script (replace echo with modprobe/rmmod):
Code:
lipc-wait-event -m com.lab126.powerd goingToScreenSaver,outOfScreenSaver |  while read event wtf_num; do
  if [ "x$event" = "xgoingToScreenSaver" ]; then
    echo "screensaver enabled"
  else if [ "x$event" = "xoutOfScreenSaver" ]; then
    echo "screensaver disabled"
  fi; fi
done
Thank you very much in the evening check script.
I have a problem. I do not know where to put this script. I'm noob(

Last edited by khseal; 11-22-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:49 PM   #163
khseal
Enthusiast

I looked at the current in sleep mode. After a few minutes sleep, Flash drive also goes to sleep. Additional scripts were not needed.
Post the modules to support USB storage mass.
I will try to assemble modules for OTG. But I do not have cable for OTG.
Attached Files
File Type: rar kindle.rar (73.9 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by khseal; 11-24-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #164
twobob

Excellent work. any chance of some part numbers and pinouts. I think i will give this one a go!

Superstar (I have tried looking closely at the picture )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_010.png
Views:	410
Size:	807.0 KB
ID:	96746  

Last edited by twobob; 11-24-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:11 AM   #165
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I looked at the current in sleep mode. After a few minutes sleep, Flash drive also goes to sleep. Additional scripts were not needed.
Post the modules to support USB storage mass.
I will try to assemble modules for OTG. But I do not have cable for OTG.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006H9Z27O/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MI79HO/
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FUNYSA/
http://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Mi.../dp/B005GGBYJ4

etc. etc. etc. etc.

Now how about some of those hardware details twobob asked for?

Tags
debian, kindle, paperwhite