Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #1
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
New Netflix app update

Perfection. Now fullscreen and has built in volume control.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Yup, no more grey bar at the bottom! This made me happy.

Now if Amazon would give the same treatment to it's Gallery app, all would be right with the world (of the Fire).
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
I'm assuming this is an OTA update and that one cannot "go get it." Tried to do so and found no update listed. I then deleted the Netflix app and tried to reinstall. Doesn't work. I get an error when I try to do so. Even deleted the Netflix app from the Kindle account on the web. No difference.

Long story short, don't be impatient. I suspect that the previous version of the app is no longer available and the new version is "quarantined" until Amazon distributes it to registered devices. (This prevents overwhelming the servers and is a common Android practice.)

At this point, I'm stuck and will simply wait a few days to download the Netflix app again, but if you haven't received the update, I'd recommend just waiting.
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
From the Main Screen, press Apps \ Store \ Menu \ Upgrades and you can get all your App upgrades right away.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
Tangiegirl
Tangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it isTangiegirl knows what time it is

Thanks for the heads up. Got it. Very nice.
Tangiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
robertc88
Fanatic
robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robertc88 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Good to go now on my three tablets! Thanks for the heads up.
robertc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:53 PM   #7
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
From the Main Screen, press Apps \ Store \ Menu \ Upgrades and you can get all your App upgrades right away.
Actually, the Netflix upgrade wasn't showing up. That's why I took the route of trying to delete and reinstall that got me into trouble.

Solution was to delete the data cache from "apps" in the settings. Downloaded the updated Netflix app without a problem.
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Yup, no more grey bar at the bottom! This made me happy.

Now if Amazon would give the same treatment to it's Gallery app, all would be right with the world (of the Fire).
The gallery app is a default Android app so I don't see it changing. I have it on my phone. What would be nice if Amazon change to where sideloaded videos worked through their player.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #9
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The gallery app is a default Android app so I don't see it changing. I have it on my phone. What would be nice if Amazon change to where sideloaded videos worked through their player.
Oh. I thought it was an Amazon app. Rats. Then, yes, they should do as you say.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:20 PM   #10
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Nice update, thanks for the heads up.

Edit: This apparently isn't a fire specific update. It just came down for my Android phone as well.

Last edited by carld; 02-10-2012 at 04:22 PM.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #11
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Nice update, thanks for the heads up.

Edit: This apparently isn't a fire specific update. It just came down for my Android phone as well.
Yeah, I had a wiggle in my pocket to tell me it had an update. That was pleasant.

Now it looks good on both!
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:51 AM   #12
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingLemur View Post
Yeah, I had a wiggle in my pocket to tell me it had an update. That was pleasant.
Is no one going to comment about this?
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:01 AM   #13
ApK

Stood well on it's own.