Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #511
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
He was relaxed, just as he always was. Except for that time recently when he had been split in two parts. That led to some strange experiences, even for him.

Now, he knew what he needed to do. It was all clear. He laid his cards on the table. And grinned.

The squid glanced over at the hand that the gibbon had dropped on the green felt and sighed as only squids can sigh. He looked at his opponent and gave a look that said, "I could actually buy it that you had a Royal Flush once, given that the odds are there that it could happen, but three in one night? That defies the odds, even for an invisible lesser ape. however, given your propensity to random violence, I'm going to turn up my full house and push the pot towards you.*"
poor thing. a squid that sensitive and intelligent *knows* he'll never beat an invisible, inadvertently violent gibbon at cards, but what's he going to do ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 07:52 PM   #512
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
poor thing. a squid that sensitive and intelligent *knows* he'll never beat an invisible, inadvertently violent gibbon at cards, but what's he going to do ?
The same thing I do with him:
  1. Cheat
  2. Run

Cheers,
Marc (I've always wanted to watch a squid run)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:03 PM   #513
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
As Harv dangled by one foot from the snare, he wondered what Vera as up to. He determined that he was through with her, once and for all. It wasn't like they were committed. Or at least not in the sense of spending their lives together. She was just too... predictably unpredictable. Every time they got close enough to think about taking the next step in their relationship, she picked an argument on some technical ground and the whole process started over. Yes. Through. Definitely.

"So, have you thought about my proposal?" asked Vivaldi.

"Um... Sorry?"

"It's a simple matter of you letting me pick the radio stations when we're flying and me then cutting you down."

"Look, this is arguably all your fault anyway, so why not just cut me down and I'll give you a treat?"

"And here's me, fresh out of opposable thumbs!"

"I may have lost my knife, but I still have a gun, you know."

"It's a simple exchange of goods and services, Harv! Besides, I can run around in circles faster than you can swing yourself to get a good aim."

"I hate the music you play! I only tolerate it for half the flight because I'm trying to be fair. And I could just randomly fire behind me, you know."

"And possible hit the Goose, with all that aviation fuel..."

Just then, two wool socks, one of them with a safety pin in its cuff ran by, giving the impression that they were screaming. A blue colored frog hopped after them.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #514
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oh BRILLIANT !!! thank god the holidays are over at last and we can get back to what really counts : the saga of harv and vera (and vr and hugo and lefty and the squid and, apparently, now at least one frog) !!!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #515
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
And you've still got to be rescued in Slite's story thread.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #516
zelda_pinwheel

yes i do, which reminds me, where is slite ???? he hasn't been around for ages. i hope he's alright.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #517
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
how DOES a sock - run .....?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #518
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I think socks hop. Haven't you heard of a "sock hop"?!

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #519
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Socks run the same way spaceships "fly" and anti-gravity "works" and movie heroes take a kick to the face.
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #520
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Well you need two of them...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #521
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Tights and stockings run all the time. They even get ladders.
So why can't socks?

(insert joke here about this being darned silly.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #522
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Tights and stockings run all the time. They even get ladders.
So why can't socks?
seems so obvious now, doesn't ? who asked this question, anyway ? i bet they feel silly now.
Quote:
(insert joke here about this being darned silly.)
aaargg !!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #523
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Of course socks can run!

Put a coloured sock in the washing machine with your best white top, and you'll very quickly discover socks can run...
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:25 PM   #524
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yes i do, which reminds me, where is slite ???? he hasn't been around for ages. i hope he's alright.
I saw him (well, only his name) this morning. I wanted to say hi and wish him a Happy New Year - but gone he was again.
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #525
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
The red ones and white ones can run around the bases.

And if they can sing like they do here they should be able to run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC9ftIE8XRQ

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 01-05-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
birth of the cool, farking and lower farking, hugo and lefty, liseuse, ongoing saga, saga, screaming mad adrian, the birth of the cool, the goose, unutterable silliness, vera