Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
ACK! cross your fingers!!!

I think I got a bag of crap on woot! I actually got all the way to the order processing page (a miracle, you have four pages before you get to that and their servers get massively overloaded with BOCs).

ACK THE SUSPENSE! MUST HAVE BAG OF CRAP!

Please cross your fingers for me
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I have tried for years to get the bag of crap. I think it is easier to win the lottery!
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 06:37 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
I have tried for years to get the bag of crap. I think it is easier to win the lottery!
I got one last year on Christmas day (they always have one, but you have to set your alarm). It was awesome!

This year I think I hit snooze, because I woke up a few minutes later when it went off again

And my order is still processing....the stress!

These pearls are kind of nice...I could use some pearls...hrmm....
Old 02-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

WOOOOOHOOOO MY ORDER IS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

OH man this totally makes up for my crappy day. LOL, crap for crap!
Old 02-19-2009, 06:40 PM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Anyone care to fill me in on what the heck this thread is about?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #6
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Let us know what you get.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Via wikipedia:

Bag O' Crap

In lieu of typical product sales, Woot occasionally offers a fukubukuro-like blind grab bag officially called "Random Crap". Its accompanying picture has lent it the name "Bag O' Crap" (BOC). The BOC sells for $1.00 but users are advised to buy the maximum of 3. The BOC typically includes dollar store items and may include significantly more expensive items such as large flat-screen televisions.[7] The BOC typically triggers the flooding and subsequent overload of Woot's servers with thousands and thousands of order requests. The available BOCs typically sell out within seconds. Processing a customer's order for a BOC, assuming he or she is first lucky enough to get one before everyone else, may sometimes take over an hour.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Let us know what you get.
When SmartPost deigns to drop it off at my door, I shall let you know
Old 02-19-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
Hollie
Hollie doesn't litterHollie doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505/RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I think I got a bag of crap on woot! I actually got all the way to the order processing page (a miracle, you have four pages before you get to that and their servers get massively overloaded with BOCs).

ACK THE SUSPENSE! MUST HAVE BAG OF CRAP!

Please cross your fingers for me

I am seriously addicted to Woot. I check that and Dealsea everyday. Please let me know what kind of crap you got.
Hollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:36 PM   #10
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Today's sale reminds me of VR -- Bacon Salt.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	J_D_s_Bacon_Salt_Sampler___3_PackufyStandard.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	23979  
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:39 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Bacon salt is always a bad thing, it means the end of the wootoff

You can tell it is a wootoff if there are flashing lights. Stupid bacon salt is taking forever.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:07 AM   #12
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
My thoughts exactly.
Crap for crap?
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #13
Hollie
Hollie doesn't litterHollie doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505/RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by nohmi2 View Post
My thoughts exactly.
Crap for crap?

Woot is a one deal a day type of web-site. I've gotten alot of great deals from there. Sometimes they sell a bag of crap. No info or details. You just plunk down your money and hope for some pretty decent crap. It's a great site to check daily. Woot.com and Dealsea.com.
Hollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:26 AM   #14
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
When SmartPost deigns to drop it off at my door, I shall let you know
Better hope contents thereof are not fragile !!!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #15
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Better hope contents thereof are not fragile !!!
Indeed.

I won't know what I get probably for another two weeks, since SmartPost is so slow.

The anticipation!