Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
curiousgeorge
Connoisseur
curiousgeorge began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, Kindle Fire
Apple iPad and Mini Dimensions

Does anyone know the max dimensions for the iPad in regards to landscape and portrait? Ive searched everywhere and I am not finding anything that will tell me.

EXAMPLE:

Also for the mini would be great.
curiousgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
see Screen sizes in our wiki or look at the iPad descriptions also in our wiki. You should always look in our wiki before wasting time looking all over the net.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
curiousgeorge
Connoisseur

my apologies I guess I wasn't clear enough I'm referring to the WORKING content area. NOT the total screen size.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
my apologies I guess I wasn't clear enough I'm referring to the WORKING content area. NOT the total screen size.

The working content area is the screen size. Some apps may not use the total screen. Are you talking about a particular app? If so you need to specify the app and you want to know how much is used up by the margins.

Dale
Old 01-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
curiousgeorge
Connoisseur

no Im coding an animated book that will be used in ibooks so Im trying to get my ducks in a row and figure out what apps (also blue fire) display.
Advert
Old 01-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
no Im coding an animated book that will be used in ibooks so Im trying to get my ducks in a row and figure out what apps (also blue fire) display.
In Bluefire you can set the margins to 0 and use the whole display. I am not sure Bluefire supports animation. In iBooks on a book you are creating the pixel count is what matters. To do an animated fixed format book you will need to follow the rules laid down by Apple in their tool. There is a wiki page on fixed format ePub that shows how the Apple fixed layout works. The yellow submarine is a good example of this technology on iBooks. It is a free download.

Dale
Old 01-31-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
curiousgeorge
Connoisseur

I was going to hard code everything and not use their tool. I have my own made validation program for apple.