Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #76
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
New version: 1.2.14

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.14
Recent Changes:
  • Fix for opf files with different tag structure
  • Shortcut key to make program window sizable (CTRL-SHIFT-S)
BenChen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #77
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******
BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.BenChen is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

New version: 1.2.15

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.15
Recent Changes:
  • Added context menu to file editor
  • Added button to auto-fix cover thumbnails not appearing in iBook
  • Context menu for cover image more context-aware (paste only enabled if clipboard contains image)
  • Cover image warnings now less obtrusive
Advert
Old 07-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #78
Start
Enthusiast
Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Shine 2 HD
Hi!
Thank you very much for all your efforts, they're very appreciated by me (and by us...).

I've seen your software and I'd like to know if there is a portable solution by usb pen.

Moreover is it possible to batch into metadata titles the name of the files?

I have files like this:
name forname - booktitle
and with a batch to insert into metadata fileds?

before " - " the author, after the title...

Moreover if it is possible to batch the first page, the cover page, where there is the cover of the book for simply a chosen directory.

What do you think about? And sorry for my english...
Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:21 AM   #79
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start View Post
I've seen your software and I'd like to know if there is a portable solution by usb pen.

Moreover is it possible to batch into metadata titles the name of the files?
Hi Start,

The program works fine on a flash drive. Just copy all the files from the installation folder (with the exception of the unins files). You won't be able to associate EPUB files to the program if it is on a flash drive. And the ini file (which stores the location of the EPUB viewer and the renaming mask) will get generated on each new computer, which might be a bit annoying.

I have no plans to add to the batch functions. It may be possible to do what you ask, but it would require a lot more time than I have at the moment, unfortunately.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:23 AM   #80
Start
Enthusiast
Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Start can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Shine 2 HD
No problem and thank you very much for your reply!

Before readind your reply, I was writing a better post and I paste here for a future wishlist, you never know. Thanks again!!!

--------------------------------

About my last post I'm writing more for avoiding any misunderstanding. Every book has the same logic structure in its filename. They are as follows:

forename name - title.epub

but better an example in an old english book title:

H.G. Wells - The Time Machine

...in metadata content.opf file, you can see...

for the author's names:
<dc:creator opf:role="aut">H. G. Wells</dc:creator>

for the book title:
<dc:title>The Time Machine</dc:title>

Is it possible to automate, to batch from filename to content.opf for a chosen directory of epubs?

-------------------------------
Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2013, 04:19 AM   #81
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.17

Hi everyone,

In anticipation of Google Code preventing the updating of the downloads section, I have moved over to GitHub:

https://github.com/benchen71/epub-metadata-editor

Note that the built-in update check now looks at GitHub, and the link to the download in the dialog box is to GitHub.

Version 1.2.16 basically handled the change to GitHub. But since then i have also incorporated a feature request, and a bugfix, and a 'donate using PayPal' page to the installer. So here is the changelog for version 1.2.17:
[*] Added an entry to the cover image context menu that allows the user to select an image that is already present in the EPUB.[*] Added a fix to prevent alternate opf formats breaking after changes to the metadata are made.[*] Added a 'donate using PayPal' page to the installer.

As always, if you discover an issue, please let me know.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:46 AM   #82
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.18

Hi everyone,

Just a very minor update.

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.18
Recent Changes:
  • Fixed the update link so that the download starts automatically.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:20 PM   #83
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.19

Hi everyone,

Here's an update, that incorporates new batch tasks that were requested by a user. Enjoy!

New version: 1.2.19
  • Fixed the tooltip on the update link.
  • Added more batch tasks (Copy 'Title' to 'File As', Copy 'File As' to 'Title', Copy 'Creator' to 'File As') and made none of them checked by default.

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:29 PM   #84
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.20

Hi everyone,

Minor update...

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.20
Recent Changes:
  • Handle EPUBs containing MACOSX folders

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:49 PM   #85
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Why on earth would an ePub contain a MACOSX folder? Surely the MACOSX folder is used to store resource data in the MAC file system, and is not at all applicable to an ePub?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 11:29 PM   #86
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Why on earth would an ePub contain a MACOSX folder? Surely the MACOSX folder is used to store resource data in the MAC file system, and is not at all applicable to an ePub?
I don't know. All I know is a user of my program had EPUB files containing MACOSX folders. Inside those folders were OPF and NCX files that were being loaded by my program first. Problem was, those files are not real files; they certainly didn't contain any data. So I had add a check to see if the files were located in a MACOSX folder, and then search for the next OPF and NCX files that did contain the data.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:21 AM   #87
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.21

Hi everyone,

The advantage of having a larger user-base is that those users test the program with a wider variety of EPUB files than I can possibly come across. As a result of a bug report, the new version now handles OPF files that have empty tags that still have optional attributes!

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.21
Recent Changes:
  • Fix for empty tags with optional attributes.

Keep the bug reports rolling in! GitHub is the place to make a report: https://github.com/benchen71/epub-me...-editor/issues

Sincerely,
Ben.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:12 AM   #88
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.22

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.22
Recent Changes:
  • Better handle empty tags with optional attributes.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:52 AM   #89
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.23

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.23
Recent Changes:
  • Fixed a bug when trying to use an existing image as the cover when there was no cover reference in the guide.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:23 AM   #90
BenChen
EPUB Metadata ******

New version: 1.2.24

Hi everyone,

A bug was found, and was fixed!

Latest Update: The current version is 1.2.24
Recent Changes:
  • Added some instructions for downloading an update if the download doesn't start automatically.
  • Fix for EPUBs with two identifiers when the first one does not have an end field marker