Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-23-2011, 02:35 AM   #1
JFHey
Enthusiast
JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.JFHey turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: KT, PW2, KO2
workaround: export notes & highlights

Hi folks,

I'm new to this forum because I decided to use my iPhone 3Gs more frequently as ebook reader.

I couldn't stand the fact that there's no easy way to get your highlights & notes exported to the computer, and found a solution that seems acceptable:

Strip DRM off via calibre, convert into searchable PDF and use GoodReader with ReFlow feature.

Usually when you convert your epub file to pdf via calibre, you get a non-searchable pdf-version (and I don't like OCRing the whole book), which you cant highlight.

Instead I used an online converter like this
http://epub-to-pdf.com/
, which creates a pdf file with searchable text, and perfect formatting for small devices like the iPhone!
Now I can use GoodReader with ReFlow, changeable font-size and highlights and annotations are saved directly into the pdf file, synced via dropbox and accessible everywhere.

If that solution was known before, sorry for the spam, but as I said, I didn't find it anywhere.
I hope external links are allowed.

for reading
JFHey

Last edited by JFHey; 03-23-2011 at 02:39 AM. Reason: added information
JFHey is offline   Reply With Quote