Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-17-2015, 03:30 PM   #1
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
James S.A. Corey's Expanse coming to television

The Syfy network begins broadcasting Dec 14, 2015. Most of this network's programming has ended up on streaming services such as Netflix and there is a 'view full episodes' section of the website but I'm not sure if it is tied to to a cable provider. Season 1 is based around book 1, Leviathan Wakes. I swear I read something about the pilot being online November-twenty-something but I can't find it now . Maybe someone who is better at wading through the (horrible) website can find the info I've lost.

The Expanse page at Syfy.com.
IMDB page with the cast.

Chrisjen doesn't appear until book 2, looks like a grandmother, and is Indian which doesn't match casting but there is also a nice screen shot of her in a sari with a Belter so I have hope.

Edit: Could some kind Mod add the X to Expanse in the title please. Whoops!

Last edited by artifact; 11-17-2015 at 03:33 PM.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:40 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifact View Post
Edit: Could some kind Mod add the X to Expanse in the title please. Whoops!
Done. I threw in the "James" free of charge..

I'm pretty excited for this show, myself. I really like the books.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-17-2015 at 03:42 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2015, 03:45 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Not an author I've come across, which slightly surprises me if he (?) is a well-known SF author.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:30 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Not an author I've come across, which slightly surprises me if he (?) is a well-known SF author.
It's a pseudonym for the writing team of Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham.
Ty Franck used to be George RR Martin's assistant and Daniel Abraham has been around the block a little bit: his two series ("The Long Price Quartet" and "The Dagger and the Coin") have been moderately succesful.
Old 11-17-2015, 04:33 PM   #5
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
I am looking forward to this as well, although I need to catch up on the series. I have only read the first book but really enjoyed it.

The first book was a Hugo Award nominee in 2012.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2015, 04:37 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I paused after the first three books (with a couple of novellas in between), as they were one fairly complete arc. But I'm sort of waiting on the next full arc to be complete before starting again.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:39 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It's a pseudonym for the writing team of Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham.
Ty Franck used to be George RR Martin's assistant and Daniel Abraham has been around the block a little bit: his two series ("The Long Price Quartet" and "The Dagger and the Coin") have been moderately succesful.
Thanks!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:49 AM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

The first full episode has been released for US/UK viewers.
https://www.facebook.com/ExpanseSyfy...0663878405119/
Old 11-23-2015, 08:15 PM   #9
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The first full episode has been released for US/UK viewers.
https://www.facebook.com/ExpanseSyfy...0663878405119/
OK, that's cruel . This is what I get when I follow that link:

"Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center"

Freaking geo-restrictions
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:25 PM   #10
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
OK, that's cruel . This is what I get when I follow that link:

"Sorry, this content isn't available right now
The link you followed may have expired, or the page may only be visible to an audience you're not in.
Go back to the previous page · Go to News Feed · Visit our Help Center"

Freaking geo-restrictions
Sorry.
I did mention UK/US, though.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:41 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Does this mean that Syfy in the UK will be running The Expanse on December 14 like in the US?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 09:22 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Does this mean that Syfy in the UK will be running The Expanse on December 14 like in the US?
Not according to the Syfy UK schedule on their website.

It will premier in Canada then, on Space, though...
Quote:
Space has acquired the highly anticipated new sci-fi drama The Expanse.
The Syfy series, based on the bestselling book series of the same name, will premiere Dec. 14 and 15 at 10 p.m. on Space before moving to its regular Tuesday time slot Dec. 22 at 10 p.m.
http://www.thestar.com/entertainment...e-channel.html
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:48 PM   #13
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
I'm in the USA and I get the same error for that facebook link. Try this one instead: http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse/videos/101-dulcinea
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:07 PM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You can also "buy" the first episode for free from Amazon, Vudu, Google Play and iTunes.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote