Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
dsf767
dsf767 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Huawei S7 Android Tablet

I haven't seen a post about this one yet.

Looks to be a very nice tablet/reader. Carrypad thought it was the "tablet of the show" at Computex and its on sale now for a decent price.

It looks like the first android based device with the hardware and software all put together and ready to go.

Here is a little video form Chippy at carry pad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89WAH5j9woI

One not Chippy said it has a capacitive screen however it is only resistive but its such a good resistive screen that many have thought it was capacitive. This may not be a bad thing because if it is a responsive as a capacitive screen plus you can do all the nice things a resistive screen can do.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/03/huawei-s7-runs-1ghz-snapdragon-and-android-2-1-like-a-champ-at-c/

Buy it here for $359.99 I have my order in for it and will be writing a review when I get it.
http://www.expansys-usa.com/d.aspx?i=199911

Last edited by dsf767; 06-28-2010 at 10:34 AM.
dsf767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #2
skyline
Enthusiast
skyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enough

If it comes with android market and is upgradable to android 2.2, then this tablet looks like a very good deal indeed, could be the best 7 inch tablet at the moment.

Last edited by skyline; 06-28-2010 at 04:27 PM.
skyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
dsf767

Market is confirmed in the tablet has a 3G sim card slot in it and can be used as a giant phone (it has phone buttons on it). It also has blue tooth so you can get it going with your earpiece.

Also I agree with it getting 2.2 and I am sure it will.

This tablet is made by a real manufacturer who will back up their product. It is also being sold by a real distributor rather then some random Chinese site.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #4
skyline
Enthusiast
skyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enoughskyline will become famous soon enough

By the way Huawei is also Chinese.
Old 06-28-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
dsf767

I know their Chinese but I was just saying that its a real company and not the no name company's that are putting out other android tablets.

They atleast put a snapdragon in it, made a nice UI that optimized, and I am sure they will support the device.
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #6
skyline
Enthusiast

That would be nice indeed. Can you help me find the official page of the product?
Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 AM   #7
dsf767

I could not find their official page for the device.

I did find their press release about it:

http://www.huawei.com/news/view.do?id=11162&cid=42

also found their device page where they list all their cell phones. I am assuming this is where the device will show up.

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/index.html

Also if you search for the S7 on their support page there is already an update.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
dsf767

I found a Russian review here

Did a translation but some parts did not make sense maybe if anyone can read it they can do a better job at translating it.

they did have some nice videos.

http://www.onliner.by/test/tablets/huawei_s7/
Old 07-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Looks like a good device.
Doesn't look like a good price. The cost is too close to a basic ipad. Bring it down to $200 and it would definitely be worth it, not $360.
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #10
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Yeah, too expensive. Might as well just hold out and buy an iPad if you can spend that much.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:01 AM   #11
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
is it just me, or does that screen look much wider than a 'normal' widescreen? Don't think I'd fancy reading on it much in portrait mode...

Pete
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #12
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Review here:
http://www.expansys.com/blog/?p=785

Quote:
In many ways, the Huawei S7 tablet is 2010’s answer to the Filofax - a truly mobile 7” organiser and browser. It even has that 80s-style leatherette coverwrap synonymous with the famed Filofax to neatly protect the technology inside. It could, largely because of its mid-sized splendour, enjoy more real usability on the morning commute than any number of its larger tablet rivals could dream of, too.

So, from the off, let’s stop all the ‘is it a real rival to the iPad’ nonsense, shall we?
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:18 AM   #13
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Dang.
It looks like a really nice device.
Wouldn't mind having one.
But...
I never will have this device.
Why?
Because it's price elevates into a category where there's too much good competition.
Again I state that if they lower the price significantly to where it competes with lesser products, then they might have a winner on their hands.
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:24 AM   #14
tomereader
Zealot
tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ectaco JBL, Archos 5, 7, 70, Kindle DXG, Craig 7, Vizio Vtab
Is the Ideos S7 the same device?

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwid...rectoryId=2588 was looking for a manual to see if you can get to the battery to change it as easily as the one Chippy demoed in video....
tomereader is offline   Reply With Quote