Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 02:14 AM   #1
cerement
Groupie
cerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it is

Device: Amazon Kindle 1, Sony PRS-300, Amazon Kindle 3
So I got bored today and started playing with Photoshop ...

... and created my own Kindle (and I didn't have to shell out $3K to do it). Anyways, for entertainment purposes only, behold the Kindle Lite - same size screen, half the bezel, no keyboard (and since I'd just be using it for reading: add SD back in, remove the cellular)

Ah well, I can dream, can't I?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle 3.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	238.5 KB
ID:	24455  
cerement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #2
schulzmc
Zealot
schulzmc doesn't litterschulzmc doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
LOVE it!!! When do you start production? (grin)
schulzmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Very nice I'd like to have the page turn buttons a little lower though, what do you think? Will you sell it outside USA?
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
not bad at all !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:16 AM   #5
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
I'll take one in black or dark blue please!
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
cerement
Groupie
cerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it iscerement knows what time it is

Device: Amazon Kindle 1, Sony PRS-300, Amazon Kindle 3
1) Buttons - I actually moved them up a fair bit because I generally hold my Kindle 1 in my left hand and would like somewhere for my palm to grip it without being on top of a button. Also, a couple of the early reviews mentioned the Kindle 2 felt "top-heavy" when held so that the "Next Page" button was easily accessible. I also moved the joystick and its buttons to make them accessible to people who would hold it in either their left or right hands.

2) Colors - hadn't thought about it, but with the bezel being plastic, it can be any color and it would make sense to make the "Kindle Lite" available in a wider selection of colors (including a "Limited Edition" with a silver front to match the back) - although I would choose more muted colors - we already have an Ivory instead of white, I would add a Charcoal instead of black, a Steel Blue, a softened Burgundy, a softened Forest Green, a softened Mustard Yellow, etc.
cerement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:16 PM   #7
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerement View Post
1) Buttons - I actually moved them up a fair bit because I generally hold my Kindle 1 in my left hand and would like somewhere for my palm to grip it without being on top of a button. Also, a couple of the early reviews mentioned the Kindle 2 felt "top-heavy" when held so that the "Next Page" button was easily accessible. I also moved the joystick and its buttons to make them accessible to people who would hold it in either their left or right hands.
Fair enough. It just seemed a tad too high up, like a 1-2 cm or so. Perhaps you could create a special edition Pretty please?

Quote:
2) Colors - hadn't thought about it, but with the bezel being plastic, it can be any color and it would make sense to make the "Kindle Lite" available in a wider selection of colors (including a "Limited Edition" with a silver front to match the back) - although I would choose more muted colors - we already have an Ivory instead of white, I would add a Charcoal instead of black, a Steel Blue, a softened Burgundy, a softened Forest Green, a softened Mustard Yellow, etc.
Oh, I LOVE those colour names! I know a silver would look nice. The case of teh iLiad book ed. blends in well with the light grey of the screen. However, I think I'd like 'platinum' better than 'silver'.

Last edited by Ea; 02-26-2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: typos
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
1) Buttons - I actually moved them up a fair bit because I generally hold my Kindle 1 in my left hand and would like somewhere for my palm to grip it without being on top of a button.
Maybe you can increase the height of the buttons so the can be pressed more easily no matter where on the kindle you hold them?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
nelamvr6
Zealot
nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.nelamvr6 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Oasis 2 (2017)
Meh.

I applaud your 1337 PShop skilz, but the wireless was a big draw for me. I'll gladly sacrifice a little size for that.
nelamvr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:52 PM   #10
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Nice job! Personally, I'd make the case a darker color, though. I also would keep Whispernet. It's so convenient. I love being able to read a sample, buy it right when I finish it and be continuing on with my reading in under a minute. I do really think this saves me money. Otherwise I would be buying things in advance guessing whether I would like them or not.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #11
Boyodublin
Enthusiast
Boyodublin is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader
Brilliant!!!

I'd buy it!!
Boyodublin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:11 AM   #12
drew00149
Connoisseur
drew00149 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505, iRex iLiad, HTC Kaiser
Great aesthetics. I'd buy one if I was in the market...
drew00149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:09 AM   #13
dsip
Connoisseur
dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsip ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Between Devices..
Looks great, but I personally love the idea of having a keyboard on my reader..
dsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:24 AM   #14
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
That is a Kindle I would consider buying... All the features I'd want, and doing away with those I don't... I would like to see it in Charcoal, as I think that would be the one I'd get...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote