Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #661
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
A warning that the battery is getting low would be nice. And when it suddenly shuts off on you it would also be nice to have it REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE when you were shut down! Frustrating! I checked before I started reading a couple hours ago, it said I had 36%. I figured that would be good for hours, it's over a third of a full charge and I read a lot more than 9 hours or so on a charge. Nope. No warning, it just shut off while I was reading so I plugged it in and it rebooted...but took me back to chapter 35 where I was when I first started reading earlier. I had to go find where I was in chapter 52 on my own. This was on my Kobo Glo, I've apparently not run the battery low enough for that to happen on the Mini or Aura. Running the latest firmware 2.5.2 on all three.
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #662
robvarga
Connoisseur
robvarga began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini
paging in zoom mode in PDF document

I have a Kobo Aura HD.

I would very much like to be able to page while being zoomed in to a level that gets rid of the margins space...

E.g. when reading Manning Tech books in PDF form, I zoom in a bit (I think it is exactly one step) which can get rid of the margin footer and header of the document itself and still see the rest of the page in its entirety. However I am not able to page in this mode as swiping or tapping does not page (instead scrolls).

Alternatively automatic crop margin/header/footer would be useful while being able to page properly.
robvarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #663
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
In order to page in a zoomed-in PDF, you have to scroll all the way to the left or right, and a bit further then you might expect. Doing so reveals the page turn zones for zoomed-in PDFs.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 04:08 AM   #664
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina4books View Post
A warning that the battery is getting low would be nice. And when it suddenly shuts off on you it would also be nice to have it REMEMBER WHERE YOU WERE when you were shut down! Frustrating! I checked before I started reading a couple hours ago, it said I had 36%. I figured that would be good for hours, it's over a third of a full charge and I read a lot more than 9 hours or so on a charge. Nope. No warning, it just shut off while I was reading so I plugged it in and it rebooted...but took me back to chapter 35 where I was when I first started reading earlier. I had to go find where I was in chapter 52 on my own. This was on my Kobo Glo, I've apparently not run the battery low enough for that to happen on the Mini or Aura. Running the latest firmware 2.5.2 on all three.
The new firmware 2.6.1 is supposed to address that, according to this post. I don't know where you live, but the update is either available for you or will be soon (I'm on the will-be-soon part of the world ).
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #665
evgeniy
evgeniy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Aura HD
Book collections (as in Amazon Kindle)
evgeniy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #666
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
How do collections differ from shelves?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #667
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
They're collectible!
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:41 PM   #668
lkstrummer
Enthusiast
lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.lkstrummer shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Sony Daily Edition PRS-950SC
PDF usability improvements:

-make the pdf zoom increase or decrease in usable increments. As it is, I prefer to zoom in to read pdf documents without the typical margin padding you see in that format. However, the zoom scale jumps from 100 to 400% in increments of 25%. at the first increment, I find that my Aura has gone beyond the margins and is already cropping text. Again, this is the first increment, so the slider has barely moved from the extreme left (100%). Therefore, I'm stuck for a minute or so trying to find a sweet spot and dealing with the finicky IR touch surface; a slight movement to decrease the zoom might slightly increase the zoom.

-add a zoom lock feature. Once I have my preferred margins zoomed in, I would like to lock the zoom at that particular level for the remainder of the document so that i can tap or slide to scroll to the next or previous page.
lkstrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #669
evgeniy
evgeniy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
you're right, but "collections" - ​​in the simple, open xml file, and can be created/edited with just a few simple tools.
evgeniy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:25 PM   #670
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evgeniy View Post
you're right, but "collections" - ​​in the simple, open xml file, and can be created/edited with just a few simple tools.
And guess what.... the shelves can already be created with one simple tool; calibre!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #671
arnique
arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.arnique 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Nook/Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
But, I feel the loss of the back/previous button is a bigger loss than the gain made with the stats. If I had to choose, I would choose the back button.
I accidentally updated my Kobo and the back button is gone. I want it back! I shall have to go back down to 2.3.1 as I HATE having to go back to the Kobo Home page then having to click Library. Is there currently anyway to get around this roundabout navigation?
arnique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #672
Vanguard3000
Zealot
Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vanguard3000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'd like to see a "Mark as Unread" feature. On several occasions I've opened a book - accidentally via a double-tap, or to sample the book - and wanted to close it and read something else, but it irks me that it'll sit there saying 1% read or whatever. I usually end up deleting and re-adding the sideloaded books so that they will once again be marked as unread.
Vanguard3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:25 AM   #673
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Which is one of the reasons the Kobo Utilities calibre plugin exists. Unfortunately, it doesn't support the older Kobo devices. I have to go through the functions and see what can be used, but that should be one of them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:39 PM   #674
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
As there seems to be a lot of feature requests for future firmware updates for both Ko1 and Ko2 (wiFi) lately, it seems best to bring all the seperate and thus hard to follow request threads together under one thread.

This also allows the Kobo support staff who are participants on Mobileread to find 'em all!

To start the ball rolling;

My request for Ko1 future firmware would be instant on and go-to.
I WANT FOLDER SUPPORT.

YES I AM SHOUTING LOUDLY SO THAT YOU CAN HEAR ME.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #675
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vugtitan View Post
I WANT FOLDER SUPPORT.

YES I AM SHOUTING LOUDLY SO THAT YOU CAN HEAR ME.
I am confused here.

When you buy an item you should be aware of its functions before the purchase.

Any research on the Kobo would have shown no folder support.

Now lets say I buy a car; maybe I purchase a basic Toyota Corolla; gasoline powered and with a manual-transimission"/

Is it then rational for me to yell at the top of my lungs "I WANT TOYOTA TO CHANGE AND GIVE ME DIESEL POWER AND AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AS IT"S SO INEFFICIENT TO CHANGE GEARS HY HAND?"

I think the answer is NO and that you have to accept you have purchased the wrong device.

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo