Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-31-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
maxiart
The Black-Hearted
maxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the husk

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Replacing the battery indicator in the status bar?

Is it possible? So instead of the image of a battery, it shows a percentage or something akin?
maxiart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
tarzanphan60
Enthusiast
tarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoontarzanphan60 knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Nook Color, Tablet, HD, HD+
I'm not sure if that is possible, but I work for a company that has created Battery Life for Nook Colors and Tablets to give you more of that granularity.
tarzanphan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiart View Post
Is it possible? So instead of the image of a battery, it shows a percentage or something akin?
I use Team Battery, it displays a horizontal line at the top (or bottom) of your screen. I find it very convenient, especially on the STR where the battery indicator is not visible while reading a book.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
maxiart
The Black-Hearted
maxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the huskmaxiart can grip it by the husk

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
I use Team Battery, it displays a horizontal line at the top (or bottom) of your screen. I find it very convenient, especially on the STR where the battery indicator is not visible while reading a book.
I remember trying that one I think, however I only got a solid black horizontal line that I could move, but which did not display anything at all :s

Perhaps I should try again.
maxiart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:56 AM   #5
Duze
Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Duze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, Nook Color (CM7), Nexus 7 (pre-ordered), GTab 7+ (sold)
I use coolreader and on the status bar along with the reading progress, it also shows the battery life as a percentage.
Duze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:24 PM   #6
emt
Nameless Being

It's Possible and Easy..

if you are rooted! Battery Widget by Geekyoup (in the Market) will let you install a very nice, easy to read widget on your launcher screen that shows the % battery (numerically, inside an image of a battery)
Old 02-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #7
hotwheelslover98
hotwheelslover98 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7"
No idea if this is in the Barnes and Noble app store, but I use Gsam Battery Monitor with the Gsam Battery Monitor Icon Pack. You have to install both for it to work. The battery monitoring program passes how many percent is left to the icon pack and overlays the default battery icon. It even shows on the lock screen on some devices. Like I said, I'm not sure if it's available for the nook, but its probably the best thing for what you want.
hotwheelslover98 is offline   Reply With Quote