Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
DigiCam1
Enthusiast
DigiCam1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Blank pages in a book

I have a Word-Document with pictures (on each side one picture). When I save the doc into html-format and convert it to epub every second page of the book is blank.

How can I change this?
DigiCam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiCam1 View Post
I have a Word-Document with pictures (on each side one picture). When I save the doc into html-format and convert it to epub every second page of the book is blank.

How can I change this?
Ditch Word

What it appears that you are seeing, is the Pagebreak fir the Image getting doubled because something else is also triggering a pagebreak (file split point?)
When I see this, I just edit thoe out in Sigil, rather that spend hours fighting for precise conversion control.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
DigiCam1
Enthusiast
DigiCam1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Ditch Word

What it appears that you are seeing, is the Pagebreak fir the Image getting doubled because something else is also triggering a pagebreak (file split point?)
When I see this, I just edit thoe out in Sigil, rather that spend hours fighting for precise conversion control.
Thanks for the answer.

Could you describe, what you exactly do with the html-document in Sgil?
DigiCam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiCam1 View Post
Thanks for the answer.

Could you describe, what you exactly do with the html-document in Sgil?
Not really I do whatever it takes. There is no way to describe that.

I look at the code (on both sides of the pagebreak location) and make my choices. Note By look at the code, this may also result in looking at the style(sheet) for the code. Real easy in 7, right-class: Goto Link or style
I look at the Image (specs), THEY ALL HAVE TO FIT on the screen or you force a new page.

see, it is really a detective task with no magic bullet/stakes/decoder ring
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote