Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
Havoc
Havoc began at the beginning.

Device: PSR-T1
PSR-T1 no connection to pc (solved)

Got myself a T1 last week. Got it after I read it is one of the better choices for pdf and I have already quite a bit books in pdf.

Now I run linux, so in order to get fast running I installed the Sony software in a virtual XP (virtualbox). Install went without problems, getting an AdobeID as well, had forgotten I already had one from years ago.

But when I connected the T1 for the first time, XP goes through the motions of detecting new devices (including one names Sony PSR-T1) etc and it ends with "your device is ready to use".

I ran the reader software but it doesn't seem to see the T1.

Next I installed Calibre in the virtual XP and got the same result: T1 isn't seen.

Now I tried installing Calibre in linux but it ended with some missing stuff that I haven't resolved yet. And I do not like the way Calibre forces you to organise your books. I store by subject, not author, the author is the least important info for me. Of most books I don't even know the author. And my labrary contains also related non-bookform information.

So, is there a simple way to get books on the T1:
- without having to use the sony software
- having to find another pc with xp
- alternative to Calibre so I don't have to keep 2 copies of my books.

Last edited by Havoc; 01-08-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
When you plug your T1 into the USB when you are using Linux, is the T1 seen? If so, the T1 works and your virtual XP does not.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Havoc
Havoc began at the beginning.

Device: PSR-T1
Ok, got it. Clear case of PEBKAC and RTFM...

When it shows "USB connected" it isn't connected, the bloody label below that says "data transmission mode" (in dutch) is a button that has to be clicked in order to make a connection with the pc.

Stupid Sony user interface. Just like that NEX3 and DVD player. Works fine but the UI...
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
Ok, got it. Clear case of PEBKAC and RTFM...

When it shows "USB connected" it isn't connected, the bloody label below that says "data transmission mode" (in dutch) is a button that has to be clicked in order to make a connection with the pc.

Stupid Sony user interface. Just like that NEX3 and DVD player. Works fine but the UI...
It's the way Android works. Nothing to do with Sony. The T1 uses Android.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote