Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #16
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't know what to get either....

Spoiler:
My biggest problem with her first book Tyler was the lack of describing the characters movements. Like one minutes they were lying in bed and the next doing it up against the door but it never mentioned how they got there and you'd have to piece it together yourself. Or my favorite scene They go to a restaurant sit down, order drinks, talk to the owner then to themselves and leave. No words describing them actually drinking or paying for it. The book was so full of dialogue and tons of minor details that I consider filler but lacked descriptive words on what the characters were doing.

There was also words missing in sentences like the or and...etc. Simple words that caused derailment because you were like did I read that right? It was like one chapter was edited okay but then you would get to the next chapter and the problems started all over again.

My problem with the second is the owner who owns Guilty Pleasure who also has a back room full of Adult Items does not coincide with the Heroine's personality who seems somewhat shy and not someone who would own an Adult store. I think it would take a special outgoing gal to run one in that small of a town but Ronnie is from up north. I think it was Boston and from an Italian family. So it's not very believable.

Some of the town's people want the shop gone and they are showed in the negative as the evil people throughout the series. The author's writing isn't what I say bad but I do think with some polish and reediting it could actually be pretty good and believable.
That doesn't sound good; I'm definitely staying away from her. I'm reading a book right now that's giving me fits, because of the lack of proper editing, among other things. It's taking all my patience just to finish
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #17
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I had only used 3 of my credits previously, so I have plenty left. The Apple Grove book looked to be the best of this month's choices to me, so I thought I'd give it a try. She's a new author for me.

Using the 50% off code, I also bought the other book by M.L. Buchman in his The Night Stalkers series since book 2 was still available for free.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 01:07 AM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I had only used 3 of my credits previously, so I have plenty left. The Apple Grove book looked to be the best of this month's choices to me, so I thought I'd give it a try. She's a new author for me.

Using the 50% off code, I also bought the other book by M.L. Buchman in his The Night Stalkers series since book 2 was still available for free.
You need to contact them. When your membership expired last night. The credits didn't roll over when you renewed. I was afraid that might happen which is why I used all of mine up before October. I would contact support ASAP.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:15 AM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
That doesn't sound good; I'm definitely staying away from her. I'm reading a book right now that's giving me fits, because of the lack of proper editing, among other things. It's taking all my patience just to finish
I think I have more patience now for lack of an editor than I did when I read her books. This could be due to the number of Indie books I have been reading but seeing I am getting them for free through the Lending program, It's something I can overlook unlike when you pay $6 for books put out by a publisher you have higher expectations.

I can tell you Julie Ann Walker is now my most favorite author that DANL has published. Half way through Hell on Wheels and I see me going straight to the next books. so far this is 5 Star for me if it keeps going like it is.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:22 AM   #20
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I've just noticed in arcadata thread that Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate) by Gail Carringer is on sale. It was mentioned a number of times in Septembers thread so I thought I'd point it out, it's available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Sony for $1.99.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 02:35 AM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Something a little different today.

Tantor Audio has added several romances to their $6.99 bargains.
They are in mp3 audio book format. You will need I believe Overdrive Console to download once purchased. Please listen to samples before purchase. A narrator can make or ruin a Story. I own the Brown books that I got from Audio. So this is a really good deal.

Contemporary Romance

LOVE DRUNK COWBOY By Carolyn Brown
Book 1 in the Spikes & Spurs series
Narrated by Ann Marie Lee

RED'S HOT COWBOY By Carolyn Brown
Book 2 in the Spikes & Spurs series

ONE HOT COWBOY WEDDING By Carolyn Brown
Book 4 in the Spikes & Spurs series

SOMETHING ABOUT YOU By Julie James
Book 1 in the FBI/US Attorney series
Narrated by Karen White

ABOUT THAT NIGHT
By Julie James
Book 3 in the FBI/US Attorney series
Narrated by Karen White

FLAT-OUT SEXY By Erin McCarthy
Book 1 in the Fast Track series
Narrated by Emily Durante

HARD AND FAST By Erin McCarthy
Book 2 in the Fast Track series
Narrated by Emily Durante

I WANT CANDY By Susan Donovan
Narrated by Arielle DeLisle

BAREFOOT IN THE SAND By Roxanne St. Claire
Book 1 in the Barefoot Bay series

MOONSHELL BEACH By JoAnn Ross
Book 4 in the Shelter Bay series
Narrated by Sophie Eastlake

Historical Romance

The Duke's Perfect Wife By Jennifer Ashley
Book 4 in the Highland Pleasures series
Read By Angela Dawe

A LADY AWAKENED By Cecilia Grant
Book 1 in the Blackshear Family series
Narrated by Susan Ericksen

ALL FOR YOU
By Lynn Kurland
Book 16 in the de Piaget Family series
Narrated by Justine Eyre

DANGEROUS IN DIAMONDS By Madeline Hunter
Book 4 in the Rarest Blooms series
Narrated by Kate Reading

THE SURRENDER OF MISS FAIRBOURNE By Madeline Hunter
Book 1 in the Fairbourne Quartet series
Narrated by Alison Larkin

Paranormal Romance

RIVETED By Meljean Brook
Book 3 in the Iron Sea series
Narrated by Alison Larkin

Last edited by Blossom; 10-02-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:58 PM   #22
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You need to contact them. When your membership expired last night. The credits didn't roll over when you renewed. I was afraid that might happen which is why I used all of mine up before October. I would contact support ASAP.
I sent them an email. The FAQ state you will never lose credits, so I didn't think it would be an issue.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #23
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
I can tell you Julie Ann Walker is now my most favorite author that DANL has published. Half way through Hell on Wheels and I see me going straight to the next books. so far this is 5 Star for me if it keeps going like it is.
Glad to hear about Julie Ann Walker; Hell on Wheels was my July selection. I have yet to read any of my club selections; I started The Officer Says “I Do” and you know how successful that was ...
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Glad to hear about Julie Ann Walker; Hell on Wheels was my July selection. I have yet to read any of my club selections; I started The Officer Says “I Do” and you know how successful that was ...
Yeah I was really disappointed with that book too. A complete waste of my of my time but Ms. Walker's writing has renewed my faith in DANL authors. It's soooo good!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #25
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Passionate Cooks
By: Passionate Cooks | Other books by Passionate Cooks
Published By: OmniLit / All Romance eBooks, LLC
Published: Oct 01, 2012 ISBN # 9781936387533

http://www.allromanceebooks.com/prod...44744-174.html

Quote:
Food and love have had a long association, for Passionate Cooks: Free Recipes From Today’s Hottest Romance Authors, over 150 authors of the genre have put their pens and computers aside to don aprons, get down and dirty in the kitchen, and share their love of food.
Much like romance novels themselves, the dishes range from spicy to sweet. There is something for every taste and every level of culinary expertise. The cookbook includes New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Mari Carr’s “Wild Irish” Cream of Crab Soup recipe. Western GBLT author BA Tortuga contributes a dish as spicy and colorful as the straight-shooting author herself with Ranch Hands—a blend of Tabasco, salsa, onions and cumin, added to pinto beans, eggs, Canadian bacon and cheddar cheese and served in a tortilla. And for those of you who are feeling extra creative and sexy, there’s the Avocado Dip that doubles as body paint from mystery writer Marcia James.

Some recipes are simple, such as Down Home Mac & Cheese, while some are more exotic, such as Spicy Shrimp Risotto. There are even some gluten-free selections, like the Sweet and Spicy Gluten-Free Lo Mein-ish Noodles from erotica author Sommer Marsden. And a few are perfectly timed for a Halloween, such as Tracey H. Kitt’s Gamberi del Diavolo or Shrimp of the Devil.

Best of all, they are FREE!

Reader Rating: Not rated (0 Ratings)
Sensuality Rating: Not rated
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #26
icedtea
elibrary love
icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icedtea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, RIP Mini
Forevermore by Lauren Royal (novella): DRM-free epub at Kobo, and should be at Amazon and iBooks.

(At Kobo, note the filename starts with Noveltybooks, not the title or author name.)

Originally published by Penguin Putnam (Signet), revised.
Jewel trilogy novella, standalone. Reading order is #2 after Emerald if you're interested in the trilogy. Approx 25,000 words.

Quote:
England, 1667

Sensible Clarice Bradford is content in her widowhood. She has a pretty one-room cottage and a lovely little daughter, and the last thing she wants is another husband. Until one fairytale evening when she's invited to a wedding at a castle…

Scottish gentleman Sir Cameron Leslie is smitten with the shy, English beauty at first sight. He's fiercely drawn to the very strength and independence that make her unwilling to throw caution to the wind and bestow her heart on a younger man. Though passion flares between them, it will take everything Cameron can muster to reawaken Clarice's long-forgotten dreams of true love…
icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #27
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free at Amazon:

The Chain Garden US DE by Jane Jackson, first published by Robert Hale in 2006.

Quote:
The linked circular beds of the chain garden, bright with summer colour, present a charming picture – unless you understand the coded language of flowers.

Guilt-ridden at the number of men dying in her father's mine, Grace Dameral works hard to help the village's bereaved families while caring for her frail mother and preparing for her brothers' homecoming.

The arrival of Edwin Philpotts, a former missionary, ignites a dramatic sequence of events that lay bare long-buries secrets. But why has Edwin returned to Cornwall, and how will Grace respond to his shocking confession?
Phantom Pleasures US DE by Julie Leto, first published by Signet in 2008. This appears to be a paranormal which is a pity as I prefer her romantic suspense novels. Anyway, it's part of the Free ParTay sale taking place on October 3/4.

Quote:
--a powerful nobleman, trapped in time, falls victim to a Gypsy curse
--a shrewd modern woman inherits a cursed castle and the phantom within
--will she submit to his dark magic or free him from his prison--and her heart--forever?
Love By Accident US DE by Michelle Beattie, who has written for Berkley.

Quote:
Lauren McKinnon’s life changed four years ago when the car she was driving spun off the road killing her lover, Gil and leaving their best friend, Matt paralyzed. Overwhelmed by guilt, Lauren flees town and lives a life as a shadow of the woman she used to be.

Matt Skarpinksy overcame all odds and learned to walk again. Now, after tracking Lauren down, he moves to Jasper to confront the woman he’s always loved. Why did she leave him when he most needed her? What isn’t she telling him about the accident he doesn’t remember? And, just as their friendship turns to love, will Gil always stand between them?

Well, Matt’s about to find out as Gil, in the form of a ghost, guides Matt toward what really happened four years ago. But will the truth set Matt and Lauren free, or tear them apart once and for all?
How You Remind Me US DE, a story by Julie Leto which appears to be from an anthology called Girl Most Likely To. I wish the folks who do this page wouldn't forgo all proper description in favor of those rather meaningless snippets.

Quote:
-- He knows things about her that he shouldn't...
-- She can't resist a lover who plays out her most intimate fantasies...
-- Will the truth about how he learned her secrets set them free...or destroy them forever?
Almost a Family US DE by Stephanie Bond.

Quote:
A second chance at love?

Ten years ago Virginia Catron and Bailey Callihan had to get married, but they loved each other fiercely and adored their son when he came into their lives. Fate dealt them a cruel blow when their infant son was snatched in a grocery store. Their new marriage couldn't withstand the strain and when it became clear their baby would not be found, they divorced, brokenhearted and grief stricken. They haven't seen each other since their divorce was finalized. The story opens when word arrives that their son has been found...alive. Can these three virtual strangers come together to make a family?
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #28
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
free for two weeks: THE EX FILES by Kelly McClymer

The Ex Files by Kelly McClymer is free for two weeks, due to Backlist eBooks hitting a new subscriber milestone. Just got the e-mail this morning (Oct 3, 2102) and here is the link to the Backlist e-books site which tells about it, and has links for mobi and ePub downloads:

http://backlistebooks.com/freebie/index.html

This was previously on sale, but now is free for a couple of weeks.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #29
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
NICE!

You found some good ones!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Free at Amazon:

The Chain Garden US DE by Jane Jackson, first published by Robert Hale in 2006.

Phantom Pleasures US DE by Julie Leto, first published by Signet in 2008. This appears to be a paranormal which is a pity as I prefer her romantic suspense novels. Anyway, it's part of the Free ParTay sale taking place on October 3/4.

Love By Accident US DE by Michelle Beattie, who has written for Berkley.

How You Remind Me US DE, a story by Julie Leto which appears to be from an anthology called Girl Most Likely To. I wish the folks who do this page wouldn't forgo all proper description in favor of those rather meaningless snippets.

Almost a Family US DE by Stephanie Bond.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #30
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

I heard back from DANL. All of my unused credits do carry over. They only add the new credits at the beginning of each month. So I have 5 more of those coming over the next 5 months as they already added the first one to my account upon renewal.