Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-21-2012, 03:05 AM   #91
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
The patch isn't working for. Luckily no brick, but I don't see the password menu item at all!
I've tested kindlets, pdfs, txts, azw, mobi, both in and out of collections.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:21 AM   #92
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
The patch is working. You have to add the patch in CONFIG.TXT to activate.

I installed yesterday in the morning and it works without any issues.

Copy from post 86:
INSTALLATION:
Copy the attached file directly to the opt/jbpatch/ directory on your Kindle (do NOT unzip the file!). Add the appropriate entry ("ixtab_passwd-5.1.0.zip") to the CONFIG.TXT in that directory, then restart your Kindle.

So you have to edit the txt file and add at the end ixtab_passwd-5.1.0.zip as new line. If you like you can add a short description as well, these line(s) have to start with #.

Last edited by diba; 05-21-2012 at 03:26 AM.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2012, 04:14 AM   #93
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
also be sure that you are not using Notepad to edit this file. (instead use notepad++, Programmer's notepad, etc)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #94
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
also be sure that you are not using Notepad to edit this file. (instead use notepad++, Programmer's notepad, etc)
More specifically, be certain that the line endings used in the file are "UNIX" (line feed character) not "Windows" or "Mac" character pairs.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #95
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
I edited in notepad++, this works.
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #96
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Well, actually, CONFIG.TXT is shipped with CR/LF line feeds, specifically so that it can be edited with notepad

This is Java, and it can handle both LF and CR/LF. Not sure about CR only, though.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #97
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Well, actually, CONFIG.TXT is shipped with CR/LF line feeds, specifically so that it can be edited with notepad

This is Java, and it can handle both LF and CR/LF. Not sure about CR only, though.
oops, sorry for this. I thought this could be the reason (w/o checking the file )
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #98
MaPePeR
Connoisseur
MaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughing

Device: KT
Quote:

Well... it cant handle all unicode-characters.
Also its very confused with ».« and »,« for double/floats as in and output
Scanner.nextDouble() only accepts ».«, Double.parseDouble() only »,« (or the other way arround)
The same for output with ""+double and printf("%f",double)

So i think the "This is Java-it will handle everything" might not allways be the case
MaPePeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:41 PM   #99
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPePeR View Post
Well... it cant handle all unicode-characters.
Also its very confused with ».« and »,« for double/floats as in and output
Scanner.nextDouble() only accepts ».«, Double.parseDouble() only »,« (or the other way arround)
The same for output with ""+double and printf("%f",double)

So i think the "This is Java-it will handle everything" might not allways be the case
Please stop spreading FUD. In the link that you provide, nothing indicates that "it can't handle all Unicode characters". And Java isn't "confused" either, though I agree that the way it acts may be "confusing" for people who do not bother to read the documentation.

Java provides locale-specific (and environment-specific) "default" behavior (for instance, using CP1252 by default on Windows, and UTF-8 on Linux; parsing and formatting numbers according to the currently set locale). Whether this was actually a wise decision is debatable (I think it wasn't), but that doesn't mean that it's broken per se.

Last edited by ixtab; 05-21-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #100
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Thanks for all of your work!!!
I really appreciate it!

Here's the italian localization: I hope everything is OK (BTW, it works for me!).
Attached Files
File Type: txt ixtab-patch-passwd.txt (5.0 KB, 336 views)

Last edited by silver18; 05-21-2012 at 04:27 PM.
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #101
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Thanks for all of your work!!!
I really appreciate it!

Here's the italian localization: I hope everything is OK (BTW, it works for me!).
Grazie!

Però... sei sicuro d'aver tradutto tutto? "Error" and "Cancel" don't sound very italian to me... Once you confirm the translation, I'll include it in the download right away.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #102
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ok, well...I tend not to translate button text (like cancel)...
"Error" was my lapse!
Anyway, I fixed it and it should be ok. I edited my previous post!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #103
ixtab
(offline)

Yup, thanks again! Your changes have been included in the download.

PS: It's of course up to you what you put in the text. And while my italian is good enough to survive as a tourist, I probably wouldn't get complex sentences grammatically right. I had just noticed that it seemed to be "Cancella" in the "official" UI, so IMO it's best to use the same conventions in order to provide a consistent Look and Feel to users.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #104
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Yup, thanks again! Your changes have been included in the download.

PS: It's of course up to you what you put in the text. And while my italian is good enough to survive as a tourist, I probably wouldn't get complex sentences grammatically right. I had just noticed that it seemed to be "Cancella" in the "official" UI, so IMO it's best to use the same conventions in order to provide a consistent Look and Feel to users.
I agree, even though I'm still with english UI with 5.1.0 firmware!
Old 05-24-2012, 12:57 AM   #105
Zema
Zema began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi guys,
Seems I have a little problem with running jbpatch. From jbpatch.log:
Quote:
W: /var/local/jbpatch/CONFIG.TXT does not exist; no patches loaded.
Why is it trying to find config in /var/local/jbpatch/ instead of /opt/jbpatch? As a result I have 1/1 patches loaded in Device Info.
Thanks.
Zema is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks