Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 12:22 PM   #16
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy6553 View Post
Here's my DecalGirl with the Amazon apple green lighted cover.
I hope these images aren't too big. I didn't know how to do thumbnails.

Merry Christmas!
Hi, sleepy6553. Your images were fine but if you want to use thumbnails instead, after you go into the Reply to Thread window, there is an Additional Options window below the reply window. One of the options is Attach Files; just click on the Manage Attachments button and you can upload pictures from your computer or from elsewhere on the Internet and they will show as thumbnails in your post.

I had to do a Google search to find out how to do this on a forum; if there is no Manage Attachments choice, I haven't a clue - there is probably some sort of vBulletin command string you can use (something like [thumbnail]your image[/thumbnail] is what I mean by "command string") but luckily MobileRead provides us with the means to do this.

Holly

Last edited by OakIris; 12-28-2010 at 11:22 AM.
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:06 AM   #17
froggie731
Enthusiast
froggie731 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I have this one in matte from DecalGirl:

I absolutely LOVE it! I am extremely picky when it comes to my stuff and I couldn't have been more pleased with how easy this went on and how it looks and feels. There are little channels in the decal (invisible) so that there are no air bubbles and that's a huge plus. I normally pick bright, girly stuff, but I thought I'd try out a nice "soothing" decal that wouldn't distract me too much while reading. Maybe the next one I get will be a little more daring, lol.
froggie731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 12:12 AM   #18
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
haha! the little critter is cute!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #19
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by froggie731 View Post
I have this one in matte from DecalGirl:

I absolutely LOVE it! I am extremely picky when it comes to my stuff and I couldn't have been more pleased with how easy this went on and how it looks and feels. There are little channels in the decal (invisible) so that there are no air bubbles and that's a huge plus. I normally pick bright, girly stuff, but I thought I'd try out a nice "soothing" decal that wouldn't distract me too much while reading. Maybe the next one I get will be a little more daring, lol.

ha! i have this as wallpaper (for my PC tho' )
sorry for the offtopic and thanks for opening these threads kindlekitten. there were way too many new threads on kindle covers.
i'm saving up on one myself but have been starting to look for a skin also.
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #20
CarlBullock
CarlBullock began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I've just bought mine, couldn't find a free matte voucher so I used a 10% voucher I found online ($2 off =/)

52800 - Tungsten in Matte/Satin

Last edited by CarlBullock; 12-27-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Image size
CarlBullock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 12:04 PM   #21
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousBadger View Post
ha! i have this as wallpaper (for my PC tho' )
sorry for the offtopic and thanks for opening these threads kindlekitten. there were way too many new threads on kindle covers.
i'm saving up on one myself but have been starting to look for a skin also.
I'm glad it is working!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlBullock View Post
I've just bought mine, couldn't find a free matte voucher so I used a 10% voucher I found online ($2 off =/)

52800 - Tungsten in Matte/Satin

w0w! that is busy! welcome to the forums!
Old 12-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #22
CarlBullock
CarlBullock began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
w0w! that is busy! welcome to the forums!
LOL Thanks I do hope it's not too much of a distraction I do like the pattern though
CarlBullock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #23
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

let us know how it works. I had "Irises" by Van Gough for awhile and it was too much. there were a lot of colors in it though
Old 12-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #24
OakIris
Addict
OakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a TexanOakIris might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi; Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
let us know how it works. I had "Irises" by Van Gough for awhile and it was too much. there were a lot of colors in it though
I thought about getting that one, because I do love Irises and van Gogh as well, but decided it would be a bit much. See the picture below....

My skin has the high gloss finish; from the comments here it sounds as if the matte finish would be nicer. I think I will give one of them a try.

Holly
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ak3-vg-irises.jpg
Views:	365
Size:	266.1 KB
ID:	63640  
OakIris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #25
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I am much more impressed with the matte than I thought I would be! ;o)
Old 12-27-2010, 01:15 PM   #26
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Mine........in matte...........(click on it)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rose decal girl.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	63641  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:16 PM   #27
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Mine........in matte...........(click on it)
do you find it's kind of... glowy?
Old 12-27-2010, 01:18 PM   #28
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
do you find it's kind of... glowy?
no...............
Old 12-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #29
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

maybe it is the wrong term. mine has this really interesting... glow... is the only term I can think of. anyway. I like it! ;o)
Old 12-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #30
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Actually, i find it kinda 'restful'.....its dark enough to not be distracting, but now i can find my K3 anywhere in the house I lay it down!

I've decided I like reading it 'nekkid' much better than it a cover.

'course.......when it take it out, its in its cover.