Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
Dick
Dick began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC (Blue); Sony PRS-600 (Black)
A very new user

I am so new to this that my PRS-505 hasn't arrived yet! It is on order and I hope it will arrive by the end of next week. My brother who has used his Sony, probably since about the time they came out, is my main mentor but so far the main thing I have learned is that I have a LOT to learn!

I live in northwest Washington State in the US and am retired so don't have to go to work. That leaves a lot of time to read. Now I need to explore what all I can access for my soon-to-be-here reader and where to go to find those things.
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Well, welcome to MobileRead, Dick.

1) you'll love your new toy.

2) Did you know......there are thousands of books you can download for free? Check out our ebook section. You can look by genre, author or title.

3) Did you also know that you can download ebooks from your public library for free? Check out your libary's download section. Also, our wiki for other lending libraries. Some charge fee's, some don't. Books will 'close' at the end of the loan period......no running back and forth to the libary!

Scour the forums, don't hesitate to ask questions. Enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #3
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
Congratulations. I love my Sony 505. While you are waiting you can download free ebooks from the web. Try this site under the ebooks tab and feedbooks.com. You can also download Calibre(http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/download) and/or the Sony e-library software and get your free ebooks setup and ready to transfer. You can read .doc, .rtf, .pdf,.epub, .lrf and .rx files on your Sony. You can use Calibre to change the format of any ebook without DRM. if this is confusing don't worry. there are many forums where you can find advice and answers here.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Dick and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 for over a year and a half and like it a lot. I fact about my worst experience with it was having to wait till it charged up the day I got it. In fact, I do recommend you get an AC adapter. It charges the 505 up in about half the time as the USB cable. And you can read while it's charging which you cannot do with the USB charger.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Hello Dick, and welcome to Mobile Read!

You will see that here, everyone is really helpful, and any questions you might have will be rapidely answered by pros!

Enjoy your new device!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the forum! DesertGrandma gave you some great advice. I *love* my 505! I mostly read library books, but have downloaded quite a number of free books from various sources, including feedbooks.com and this site.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #7
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Dick. You will love your Sony when you get it and if you have any questions that your brother can't answer, MobileRead is the place to find answers.

Enjoy!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:59 PM   #8
am_mread
Head Goat
am_mread is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen 11.
Welcome!

Good choice!!!
am_mread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #9
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Welcome Dick to the best board for ebook related anything - enjoy
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote