Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-02-2022, 01:27 PM   #1
Rob_W
Rob_W began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Full text search for partial library

Hello,

I am uncertain if this post belongs to this sub-forum, but I do not know which other sub-forum to use.

Is there a way to index part of the whole library, for example only a virtual library, so I can text search the books that belong only to that part of the whole library? I do not need text search for the whole library but it would be very useful for part of my library.

A workaround might be to use several libraries, but I prefer all my e-books in one library.

I use version 6.2.1.

Thanks for the effort!
Rob_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:06 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
No, unfortunately not.

You can use 'restrict searched books' to at least limit searching to a single VL.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2022, 01:08 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot index sub-sections of your library, but you can *search* subsections of it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 05:01 AM   #4
Rob_W
Rob_W began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you both for the responses. It is appreciated!
Rob_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
index, virtual libraries