Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-05-2008, 02:59 AM   #16
thorswitch
Clueless (but nice!) Newb
thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.thorswitch is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Ok, hopefully they'll get around to letting us be able to read .epub before too long

It's not so much that you don't get billed for each book, but that they don't always bill you for books you've bought on the day you purchase them. I had talked to someone a few weeks ago about it, but don't have a copy of the response any longer, but they said that they bill in "batches" - and will sometimes wait until you've got several books you've bought (I think he said like 5 to 10 books,) and then they'll bill you all at once. I can understand if I've bought 3 or 4 books on one day putting all of those charges through at the same time - that makes sense, but from what this guy said, sometimes they'll combine orders from 2 or more days together - and there's no way for you to figure out what books you were billed for and when because it won't match any of your receipts.

That ends up being a real headache - for me at least - because I record the purchases as I make them, but it's almost impossible to figure out which books have been billed for on each debit they make, but there's no record to tell me which books I'm now being billed for and which I haven't been billed for yet. It's just aggravating.
thorswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 04:25 AM   #17
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Well,
I can see where that could get frustrating but What I do is make a list of books I want and buy twice a month. If something pops up between the two days i just add it to the next purchase list I rarely get done with what I currently have bought by the next time it rolls around. Or you could do the gift card Option that way you only have to track the gift card Purchase.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #18
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Here is something interesting that I dug up, You will have to scroll down the posts to find the reference to Epub, Adobe and Sony.

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc903fe

Here is the original announcement from Adobe

http://blogs.adobe.com/billmccoy/200..._delivers.html

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote