Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
jazzbassNick
jazzbassNick began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet - FBReader
Trouble adding html - not all files added.

Hi All,

Long time lurker, first time posting.

I've googled and read pretty much everything I can find, but I'm still not finding a solution and hoping the resources here can help me out.

I've successfully used this method to add similar books, but I'm wondering if the sheer size of my current task is creating some sort of wonkyness with Calibre.

When I add the attached index.htm (renamed to .txt for purposes of attaching), not all the files get added to the resulting .zip file. If I try to convert an already-zipped version, I get errors that some of the files are not found ("errno 2").

I appreciate any insight that might lead to an answer.
Thanks!
jbN
Attached Files
File Type: txt index.txt (154.8 KB, 264 views)
jazzbassNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbassNick View Post
When I add the attached index.htm (renamed to .txt for purposes of attaching), not all the files get added to the resulting .zip file. If I try to convert an already-zipped version, I get errors that some of the files are not found ("errno 2").
Give us a small sampling of actual files not found.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
jazzbassNick

Hi dwanthny,

That's a great request - actually forced me to see a pattern that shows up amongst the excluded files.

All the included files start at aaa-100, both .htm and .png, where aaa= equals the 3 letter code for the particular book. My index is basically a compilation of several books.

It looks like the plugin isn't adding any file where the numerical portion of the filename <100.

Hope that helps. Thanks for spending a little energy on it ;-)

Is there any way to monitor the progress or get an output from the running plugin?

Thanks
jbN
Old 04-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
jazzbassNick

Some examples of the filenames excluded

The excluded filenames look like this:

coc-013.htm
coc-013.png

Once it gets to coc-100.htm and coc-100.png it starts including them.
This is the case with all the variations of "coc", ie rb1, rb2, rb3, nr1,nr2,nr3, evb, jzf.

The .htm files are basically just containers for the .pngs

So it looks like the parsing of the index.htm isn't working as expected, as it's not following all the links to add files.

Not sure if that adds clarity or not, but thought I'd offer up something more than just a "bump"
Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #5
jazzbassNick

Found the error

Man...not sure how I missed this.

The error isn't with Calibre. I used LibreOffice to help create all the links for the index and when concatenated the filenames, it dropped the leading zero(s) from the link.

Argh. Definitely deserves a
Advert
Old 04-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbassNick View Post
The error isn't with Calibre. I used LibreOffice to help create all the links for the index and when concatenated the filenames, it dropped the leading zero(s) from the link.
You finally included actual filenames that weren't found and before I could read it you figured it out.

Thanks for sharing the cause and solution.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 04-10-2012 at 08:50 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote