Notices

Old 08-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #1
jlutes
Connoisseur
jlutes began at the beginning.

Device: none
Calibre-server

A couple server questions:
1. I have a machine running calibre-server via a batch file on startup. Will news downloads scheduled via the gui operate with this running or does the whole gui need to be open?
2. I am building a second library. I'd like to be able to access both via the server. Can I point Calibre to multiple libraries? I'm guessing the answer is no, so how about running multiple instances of server from the same machine, just on different ports?
jlutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlutes View Post
A couple server questions:
1. I have a machine running calibre-server via a batch file on startup. Will news downloads scheduled via the gui operate with this running or does the whole gui need to be open?
2. I am building a second library. I'd like to be able to access both via the server. Can I point Calibre to multiple libraries? I'm guessing the answer is no, so how about running multiple instances of server from the same machine, just on different ports?
1) Minimized or in Tray and schedules will run
2) 1 Calibre Library at a time.
Note: Server allows restriction by saved search (only 1 user login ID ) so you can hide a portion of a single library from the Calibre server user.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #3
jlutes
Connoisseur
jlutes began at the beginning.

Device: none
Let me make sure I understand:

There is no cli that will use schedules? It's gui or nothing?

How about multiple instances running simultaneously on the same machine but pointing to different libraries and ports? Will they play nicely with each other or scramble both libraries?

I assume by the that you also are pining for multi-login/multi-user too?
jlutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:37 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
1) http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....n-linux-server
2) You can run as many instances of calibre-server on different libraries and ports as you like.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlutes View Post
Let me make sure I understand:

There is no cli that will use schedules? It's gui or nothing?
Yes, although you can use your OS'es scheduling facilities in conjunction with Calibre's CLI tools (ebook-convert works for recipes as well, add to library with calibredb and/or send to device using calibre-smtp).
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert