Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #1
asjogren
Addict
asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.asjogren is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle & WiFi Nook & PocketBook IQ
Overdrive and "protected page" error?

Is this still a problem with having Overdrive borrowed DRMed ePub and PDF files at the same time on a PRS-900?

Or, was this fixed by Sony?
asjogren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #2
beesong
beesong began at the beginning.

Device: Sony, Kindle
Unfortunately, it's still happening. And SO frustrating -- even when I have only one epub file on it and no pdf drm'd files, it will do this. I am really, really tired of having to fight this bug.
beesong is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 06:36 AM   #3
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjogren View Post
Is this still a problem with having Overdrive borrowed DRMed ePub and PDF files at the same time on a PRS-900?

Or, was this fixed by Sony?
I get that problem, and all I have is PDF files.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
beesong
beesong began at the beginning.

Device: Sony, Kindle
I've finally broken down and bought a Nook for library books. There seems to be no sign of Sony ever correcting this problem. Sometimes even with just ONE book on it, the Sony will show this error, and I am tired of having to re-download and reinstall books one at a time. The Nook has not balked at all, and I can successfully borrow library books and read them without any file format conflicts. Clearly this is not a problem with Overdrive, as Sony has claimed, as the Nook uses the same library system, and there is no problem with PDF and EPUB being on the same unit.
beesong is offline   Reply With Quote