Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-27-2015, 05:23 PM   #16
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Spoiler:

Having given the obligatory one (1) response, and following that, said I was going to stop discussing it, I intend to do just that.
And for the record -- it's easier to notice the times when I keep arguing than the times I drop it.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:57 PM   #17
uncletoma
Connoisseur
uncletoma doesn't litteruncletoma doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
I ask here instead open a new thread.
Maybe stupid question, but converted files (eg: from epub to azw3) where are saved/stored? I look at My Calibre Collection on %documents% but it's empty *_*
Ok, find solution looking better some menu.
But... how to sent converted books by email via Calibre automatically?

Last edited by uncletoma; 12-01-2015 at 02:03 PM.
uncletoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2015, 01:59 PM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A converted book is stored in the same folder in your Calibre library as the original.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:07 PM   #19
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

They're added as another format to the book record in your Calibre Library. and stored in the usual folder:
Code:
%calibre library%\%author%\%title% (%id%)\

Last edited by eschwartz; 12-01-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:16 PM   #20
uncletoma
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A converted book is stored in the same folder in your Calibre library as the original.
I've not created a Calibre library yet, don't ask me why
(it's simple: because i'm lazy )
BTW... how, if it's possible, to sent converted books by email via Calibre automatically? Should be nice
(Calibre email setup done and work)
Advert
Old 12-01-2015, 02:20 PM   #21
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Just configure the email address to only accept certain formats.
Then send the book via email.

If you don't have that format available, calibre will auto-convert and send the result.

Works just the same as send-to-device.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:22 PM   #22
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

P.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletoma View Post
I ask here instead open a new thread.
We're having a special sale on threads this month. 2 for the price of one.
Old 12-01-2015, 03:19 PM   #23
uncletoma
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
P.S.

We're having a special sale on threads this month. 2 for the price of one.
rotflasc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Just configure the email address to only accept certain formats.
Then send the book via email.

If you don't have that format available, calibre will auto-convert and send the result.

Works just the same as send-to-device.
ty a lot, i'll try later
Old 12-01-2015, 04:38 PM   #24
uncletoma
Connoisseur

Ok, i try to send via email, but Calibre suggest me to convert azw3 into mobi.
Astonished.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can't send pure KF8 books to Amazon by email. Either load them by USB, or create a dual-Mobi and email that.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #26
uncletoma
Connoisseur

thanks a lot
Old 12-01-2015, 05:16 PM   #27
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
What is interesting to me is the last ebooks that I sent to Amazon for my voyage from calibre did go as mobi but when I downloaded them on the voyage they were in azw3 format.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:16 PM   #28
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
What is interesting to me is the last ebooks that I sent to Amazon for my voyage from calibre did go as mobi but when I downloaded them on the voyage they were in azw3 format.
It must have gone as a dual-mobi then.

A dual-MOBI has both KF3 and mobi7 components. It's what Amazon's kindlegen always produces, and it's what Amazon uses internally in order to provide MOBI to old Kindles and AZW3 to new Kindles.
Old 12-02-2015, 04:06 AM   #29
uncletoma
Connoisseur

Calibre sent dual mobi format as default or i must set it?
Old 12-02-2015, 04:15 AM   #30
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncletoma View Post
Calibre sent dual mobi format as default or i must set it?
You need to look and see what your Mobi output options are.