Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #1
dayrae
dayrae began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question Why can`t I install Calibre on my Windows 7 computer

I keep getting the attached error when I try and install the latest and older versions of Calibre. I have tired 32-bit and 64-bit nothing seems to be working please help!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Calibre Error.pdf (96.5 KB, 234 views)
dayrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 02:49 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayrae View Post
I keep getting the attached error when I try and install the latest and older versions of Calibre. I have tired 32-bit and 64-bit nothing seems to be working please help!
Did you see the Titlebar??? 1.48
That is the Last Version to run on XP (You see that message if you try to install 2.x on XP)

The current (and latest release) version for W7 is 2.38
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2015, 05:12 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayrae View Post
@dayrae - calibre 1.48 (32bit) and 2.38 (64 bit) both installed here on Win 10. In fact the 1.48 (32 bit) was installed prior to upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10.

I assume you're downloading from here ==>> calibre - Download calibre

Try the latest portable version

Please post errors such as this as images via the forum's Manage Attachments feature see ==>> Attachments and Images

Can you post an image of Control Panel->System (right click My Computer in Start Menu and select Properties)

BR
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you see the Titlebar??? 1.48
That is the Last Version to run on XP (You see that message if you try to install 2.x on XP)

The current (and latest release) version for W7 is 2.38
There is no problem running 1.48 on any version of Windows, the problems arise when later versions (2.0 on up) are run on Windows XP.

Also the OP wrote "when I try and install the latest and older versions"
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 05:48 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sounds as if the installation file is corrupt. Empty your browser cache and try downloading it again.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:31 AM   #5
dayrae

Computer System

Here is a screen shot of my computer system.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Comp System.pdf (289.0 KB, 201 views)
Advert
Old 09-16-2015, 10:36 AM   #6
dayrae

Thank you so much BetterRed the portable version worked! I have been trying for months to get this to work!!
Old 09-16-2015, 04:31 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@dayrae - I suspect your Windows is maybe not up to date or it's 'broken'. If you're interested in pursuing further then here are some things to try .

There were some problems with the Windows Install subsystem, about a year or more since, that were corrected. So make sure Windows is up to date.

You could also do a System File Check

And, after taking a System Restore Point, do a lightweight registry clean - I suggest Piriform's CCleaner.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:30 AM   #8
citizen2009
citizen2009 began at the beginning.

When running the wizard to install Calibre check Advanced and uncheck everything else except the program. That worked for with version 3.55 in win7 ultimate x64.
citizen2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I rather doubt that the original poster has the slightest interest in your reply two years after asking the question.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:41 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I rather doubt that the original poster has the slightest interest in your reply two years after asking the question.
So given that's true, time to close this thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote