Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 05:40 AM   #16
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Well I was running 6/22 and with FB2 this new one feels faster (can't comment on epub), but given you've been spoilt with your K3 (as have I) the PP does feel slower anyway.

I wouldn't trust the battery meter either, give it a full charge and stick it in your pocket. I carry my PP to work with a similar attitude of "If it breaks...meh I'm over it". Plenty of other fish in the sea (I'm still curious about the Jetbooks, only wish I could see an LCD in person, Kobo looks tempting too).

Too many toys to buy, not enough cash
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I find it locks up on larger books if I don't push the open sequence right.
Changing font sizes in CR3 is slower then molasses unless you do it in settings.
Key responses is really bad with the new version.

No need for FB2 books now it works on epub.
Epub now has all the same navigation features that FB2 does.

Last edited by Blossom; 03-20-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 10:34 PM   #18
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...=599456#599456

These are the latest coolreader firmware
can we simply grab and install one of those in our pocket pros? anything special? I've never done, not sure where to find more info
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:16 PM   #19
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Make sure you get one for the Hanlin V5 - I've only used the Astak and Bebook firmware myself.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #20
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Been a long time since I've been here, Close to two years i think when I first bought my 2 Pocket Pros. It's still going strong and I'm happy with it, just wondering what the best firmware is to update to and if there's really any need to do so. My last updated fw would probably be the one from April 2010.

Thanks.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura81 View Post
Been a long time since I've been here, Close to two years i think when I first bought my 2 Pocket Pros. It's still going strong and I'm happy with it, just wondering what the best firmware is to update to and if there's really any need to do so. My last updated fw would probably be the one from April 2010.

Thanks.
That was a very good version and no need to update if it suits your needs. The later lBook versions offer some significant improvements in the Cool Reader implementation but the rest is the same.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:39 PM   #22
Laura81
Addict
Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laura81 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 5
Thanks Dale. Will just leave as is then.
Laura81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #23
aegeus
Enthusiast
aegeus began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader 5
There's new program update here, the links are in the third message: http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewt...6b191412f4ead4

Regards.

Last edited by aegeus; 08-09-2011 at 12:01 PM.
aegeus is offline   Reply With Quote