Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Joseph Picard
Enthusiast
Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Talking "Lifehack" launched on Kindle-

And so did the other two titles in the 'trilogy'. (kind of a trilogy, kinda not. They're all happily readable alone, and the protagonist is different for each) They all also have hardcover and softcover counterparts. My site has all that info. To go right to my greedy amazon page, here ya go.

Instead of my cover and the official blurb, there's an image that's LINE the cover, WITH the official blurb. Efficiency, yay.

I'll just stick to talking about Lifehack for now. Unofficial non-blurb... Regan's a fun character, generally lighthearted and overconfident. (Assuming that any sane and attractive female WANTS her) and she's also kind of 'damaged' a bit. She actually does pretty well psychologically for all she goes through.

The book chews up a healthy helping of ammo, easily being my book with the largest deathcount... but it's not over-the-top gory.

It's easy to label it as a 'zombie book', but in all honesty, a zombie book reader will probably not find what they're looking for in Lifehack. I describe some gore, only to explain what's going on. I probably have more humour in Lifehack than most zombie books. I have to stop here before I ramble forever.

Ah, and I'm always up for some review swapping. I haven't perused reviews as much as I probably should..
Joseph Picard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Mmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Picard View Post
easily being my book with the largest deathcount... but it's not over-the-top gory.................. I describe some gore, only to explain what's going on. .
So that's OK then ............ glad to get that straight ........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:31 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What does "there's an image that's LINE the cover" mean?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
Joseph Picard
Enthusiast
Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joseph Picard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hah.. I mean to demonstrate that I'm the king of typos, which is why I have 4 editors. "LIKE the cover".

Derp.

As for gore vs deathcount.. a death can be merely a statistic. (Kill a million people in a book, and you'd be hard pressed to detail each)

But gore? Is messy, up close, and descriptive. Bit o' viscera, blood splatters, gurgling, coughing screams, etc. I find I need a lot less of that than some people like. When I want to draw attention to some specific death(s) I might take that route, but I don't consider it mandatory to get the story told. It all depends on the situation.
Joseph Picard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, lesbian, nanites, zombie