Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 02:18 PM   #1
blufkin
blufkin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Which readers for DRM Adobe ePub

My mind is boggled at all of the eReader choices . My main want is to be able to download from my local library. The reader I choose must be able to read DRM protected Adobe ePub and PDF files. Also price is a factor. Sears has the Aluratec Libre for $99 now. Will it work and what others?
blufkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I believe almost all kan read EPub with Adobe DRM. I am not sure about the Nook, but the Kindle cannot I believe.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
the Nook will work

From Barnes & Noble,
Fictionwise & eReader
EPUB
PDB
PDF
Other Sources
EPUB (Non or Adobe DRM)
PDB (Non DRM)
PDF
Graphics: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP
Audio: MP3
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
According to their website the Libre does indeed support Adobe DRM'd files.

As for other devices what's 'price is a factor' equal? Pretty much everything but Kindles & Jetbooks supports Adobe DRM. The Sony Pocket Edition (PRS-300) & the Kobo are probably the least expensive of the eInk devices out there that support Adobe DRM at $150ish.

From what I've read the Libre is a pretty nice little reader.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 05-24-2010 at 04:55 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #5
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
The Hanvon range all work with DRM infected epub. Not sure about PDF, but they don't handle normal PDF very well anyway.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #6
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
The Sonys work, so does the Kobo.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
The iRex DR series does as well, although price may rule those out. They're definitely on the upper end of the price scale.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:15 PM   #8
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
The Spring Design Alex does Adobe DRM-ed ePub as well, but it's also on the upper end of the price range.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #9
piper10
piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.piper10 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 2, iPad, PW2
I bought the Sony Pocket Reader to use exclusively with library books. It's not fancy, but I like it very much. Simple to use, easy to transfer books, nice size and weight, and purrdy color -- I got the rose pink. (The navy color was also nice.) It comes with a padded case, so I didn't have to buy one. Mine was $139. They're available online everywhere, and I think Best Buy carries them.
piper10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #10
blufkin
blufkin began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300
Thanks for all the info. Bought a Sony 300 at Walmart last night for$148. Haven't had any time yet to really fool with it.
blufkin is offline   Reply With Quote