Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
saamjindal
saamjindal began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Adding Book

I need, my book are store in folder not by book title or author, but instead of according to first tag in metadata. If no tag is available than in unknown folder.
Can I achieve this by any kind of advance setting.
saamjindal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by saamjindal View Post
I need, my book are store in folder not by book title or author, but instead of according to first tag in metadata. If no tag is available than in unknown folder.
Can I achieve this by any kind of advance setting.
You can use the Template language http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html to create very complex save templates.

Unfortunately, your idea has flaws. The Tag display order, may not be the When Parsed order. Those tags are actually separate DB entries with a link to that book, so retrieval may be in some other order.

If you need a specific tag, create a custom Text column and put a entry of the same name there (this is not automagically maintained)
The save template becomes much simpler {#customcolumnnamehere}
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert