Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
dkef
Enthusiast
dkef began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Onyx Boox M92 wishlist

Apologizing if I have unnecessarily opened a new thread, here is my feature wishlist on the M92, after just one day of use.

1) Power management: I'd wish for per-minute adjustment controls, instead of the limited drop-down list.
2) Separate Wi-Fi management screen, activation icon and led, instead of a simple on-demand activation-deactivation screen and none whatsoever indication of the Wi-Fi interface is activated or not.
3) Per-document software reader selection control, instead of a global one.
4) Easier customization of user-specified screen savers.
dkef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #2
Gagarin Gambit
Gagarin Gambit began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx i62HD
You can achieve 1 & 4 via the otfm file manager (though note that installing it will slightly increase the startup time).
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184789
Gagarin Gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
I may add:

In the Sketcher, a press of the joystick should switch between eraser and stylus. It currently appears not to be bound and switching to the eraser is needed in a more convenient fashion.

And, as this as basically been ignored in the thread where I posted it, I wish the reader controls were streamlined and more consistent. Currently, most options are non-orthogonal which makes it difficult to achieve what you actually want. In particular, auto-crop (=hide margins) should make each individual page behave exactly as if it did not have said margins.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=960

Also, the Sketcher discards all changes (everything gets lost), when the device goes into power-safe. That musn't happen.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
dkef
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagarin Gambit View Post
You can achieve 1 & 4 via the otfm file manager (though note that installing it will slightly increase the startup time).
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=184789
I am aware of said file manager. Just wish these functions were integrated.
Old 11-12-2012, 03:00 AM   #5
dkef
Enthusiast

Another feature I'd like to see on Onyx Boox devices is a radio receiver. Nowadays that almost every smartphone and tablet has it, it should be easy to implement it on the Boox devices. If it can play music, why not radio?
Advert
Old 11-15-2012, 01:52 AM   #6
dkef
Enthusiast

Continuing on my wishlist, I'd like a software reset command, in addition to shutdown and stand-by. This should be easy to implement. Is Booxstor monitoring? Thank you.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #7
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
I may also add one: In the Scribble application, could we please have the "back" button function as "Undo" button? Also (I think I already mentioned this somewhere), that we could change between Eraser and Pen by a simple press of the joystick.

(Or, alternatively, by a click on a button on the screen - anyway, both functions need quicker access)
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:21 AM   #8
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkef View Post
...Is Booxstor monitoring? Thank you.
Yes, I do.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
HerrB
HerrB began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92
Could I, with all due respect to dkef and all other radio listeners present, suggest to Booxtor to please make sure that work on the radio functionality is not started before the ebook reading (and annotation) features have evolved to a level of stability and usability that completely satisfies me<DEL><DEL>everyone?

J.
HerrB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #10
ExH
E x H
ExH began at the beginning.

Another feature I'd like to see (apologize if this has been brought up somewhere else on the forum) is saving view settings of PDFs on a per-file basis. Whenever I open a PDF, I often adjust the margins and/or zoom level, since many PDFs I read are in two-column format. However, when I close and reopen the file, it appears that only the current page is remembered, not any of the other settings, so I have to re-set the margin and zoom.
ExH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #11
dkef
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrB View Post
Could I, with all due respect to dkef and all other radio listeners present, suggest to Booxtor to please make sure that work on the radio functionality is not started before the ebook reading (and annotation) features have evolved to a level of stability and usability that completely satisfies me<DEL><DEL>everyone?

J.
Would not argue your suggestion! First and foremost stable, flexible, feature-rich book reading.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #12
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExH View Post
Another feature I'd like to see (apologize if this has been brought up somewhere else on the forum) is saving view settings of PDFs on a per-file basis. Whenever I open a PDF, I often adjust the margins and/or zoom level, since many PDFs I read are in two-column format. However, when I close and reopen the file, it appears that only the current page is remembered, not any of the other settings, so I have to re-set the margin and zoom.
It does not work? It used to in 1.7 and old pdf reader. Maybe a bug?
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:05 AM   #13
janek
Groupie
janek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenjanek has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrB View Post
yeah...
janek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:25 AM   #14
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
It does not work? It used to in 1.7 and old pdf reader. Maybe a bug?
I have tested it on a few PDFs. Can not reproduce that problem - all seem to work fine.

Last edited by Booxtor; 11-16-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #15
ExH
E x H
ExH began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I have tested it on a few PDFs. Can not reproduce that problem - all seem to work fine.
Odd. More specifically, I have the PDFs in "Page Mode" and set the margins with "Two Points Margins". It works admirably, until I close and reopen the PDF, and the margins are back to their original location.

Likewise, if I select a custom zoom of 150% or 185% (works well for the document I have), closing and reopening sets the zoom to 200%.

Do you want me to include an example file or two? They're small and shouldn't be copyrighted.
ExH is offline   Reply With Quote