Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
evandy
Enthusiast
evandy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Strip tables during conversion?

I have an eBook that I'm in the process of converting after OCR. Abby FineReader packages each of the pages up in table/td/tr tags so it can position text on the pages. Is there an automated way to ask Calibre to strip these during conversion?

--Evan
evandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the linearize tables option in conversion->look & feel
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
evandy
Enthusiast
evandy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Thanks! I'll give it a try on my next scan. I've been using a regex which does an OK job, but is prone to mis-typing.
evandy is offline   Reply With Quote