Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
XDA Developers still having fun with the Nook Color

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/17/n...between-tabl/#
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
overclocking .......ah jeez ......more terms to research

I like the possibility of an increased battery life , not that I really have any issue with how long the battery lasts now.....I haven't took any trips with it yet, so I'm usually right next to an outlet....
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Sweet!
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
emt
Nameless Being

Yes, but many issues..

First you've got to flash Clockwork Recovery (CWR) - that's a bit tricky and creates some screen issues (multitouch, flicker, sensitivity) - CWR also wipes out the stock recovery so it's tough to go back to a stock Nook.

You also have to flash a new zip through CWR with all of those attendant issues.

Not to take anything from the devs - I mean, it's a great piece of hacking but it looks like a marginal battery improvement - I think I'll wait for "official" BN 2.2 - IMHO, a rooted 2.1 Nook Color is about 99.9% of what I need
Old 01-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
...IMHO, a rooted 2.1 Nook Color is about 99.9% of what I need
I have that level of satisfaction as well.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
overclocking .......ah jeez ......more terms to research

I like the possibility of an increased battery life , not that I really have any issue with how long the battery lasts now.....I haven't took any trips with it yet, so I'm usually right next to an outlet....
LOL the link is only 1 paragraph long did you miss the part where it said.

Quote:
..as the custom kernel ups the speed of the CPU while running it at a lower voltage, which means longer battery life ...
(emphasis are mine.)
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
It feels alot snappier at 900mhz tho. Also I have not seen any screen issues
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:20 PM   #8
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
First you've got to flash Clockwork Recovery (CWR) - that's a bit tricky and creates some screen issues (multitouch, flicker, sensitivity) - CWR also wipes out the stock recovery so it's tough to go back to a stock Nook.

You also have to flash a new zip through CWR with all of those attendant issues.

Not to take anything from the devs - I mean, it's a great piece of hacking but it looks like a marginal battery improvement - I think I'll wait for "official" BN 2.2 - IMHO, a rooted 2.1 Nook Color is about 99.9% of what I need
Yeah. I'm on the stock launcher and stock keyboard still...I'm happy with the B&N setup with apps in the extras folder.

The only thing I'd like to see would be flash and bluetooth for use with my Plantronics headset (right now I use my BT to headphone adapter though which works fine at work). Hoping we see that before too long.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote