Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-02-2014, 11:49 AM   #541
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
Open merged epub in Edit Book (hotkey 't' in English).

Tools -> Table of Contents -> Insert inline Table of Contents.

Save book.

Isn't that exactly what you want?
Hi JimmXinu
Thanks for that suggestion it worked..you are great for responding so quickly ..but the problem now is that
i am getting also under the book title a list of the contents/chapters for that particular book and then after that i am getting the next book title with its list of contents/chapters and so on and on.This means basically having to scroll through many pages again.

i just want the a simple list of all the books in the merged epub in the first 1 or 2 pages..a TOC of the books and then after i click on a particular book then it can show me a list of contents/chapters for that particular book although mostly i am not that bothered with contents/chapters within a particular book in most cases.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #542
JaiGuru
JaiGuru began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You can use any (format supporting)viewer you want with Calibre.

2 ways:

1) Preference: Behavior: (right column) Use internal Viewer: remove the TICK for those you ONLY want the OS to support.

2) Use the Open With Plugin and Create a 'Speed reader' app entry for the app you use.
None of this made any sense to me.

1. So I don't tick what I want the OS to support? What OS?

2. I don't have an open with plugin option in any menu that I can see.

I'm simply looking to see if anyone's interested in developing a plugin that will add that style speed reading function to Calibre natively. I use a website for it, (spreeder.com for reference). It is tedious and slows me down to have to copy text over.

If anyone's interested please let me know!
JaiGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #543
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiGuru View Post
None of this made any sense to me.

1. So I don't tick what I want the OS to support? What OS?

2. I don't have an open with plugin option in any menu that I can see.

I'm simply looking to see if anyone's interested in developing a plugin that will add that style speed reading function to Calibre natively. I use a website for it, (spreeder.com for reference). It is tedious and slows me down to have to copy text over.

If anyone's interested please let me know!
  1. Your OS. It will open in whatever program your OS usually opens that type of file in, rather than calibre grabbing it and trying to open it.
  2. Install the plugin from Preferences ==> Advanced ==> Plugins ==> Get new plugins
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:45 PM   #544
JaiGuru
JaiGuru began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
  1. Your OS. It will open in whatever program your OS usually opens that type of file in, rather than calibre grabbing it and trying to open it.
  2. Install the plugin from Preferences ==> Advanced ==> Plugins ==> Get new plugins
No, see I'm trying to get a plugin that opens within Calibre itself as an alternative to the native page viewer. It already opens the files just fine. And how can I install a plugin that doesn't yet exist?
JaiGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:08 PM   #545
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
No, see I'm trying to get a plugin that opens within Calibre itself as an alternative to the native page viewer. It already opens the files just fine. And how can I install a plugin that doesn't yet exist?
And I clearly told you that that is exactly what unchecking the box will do. And if you had bothered to check out what I suggested you would find the plugin easily, instead of making a ludicrous and insulting accusation that I am suggesting plugins that "don't yet exist".

Ask again more politely, and I will try to help you. Until then, I will simply have to ignore anything you say. Good-bye.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:20 PM   #546
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Calibre has no need to have a plugin to do what your OS can do.

The instructions are to have calibre PASS THE JOB to your OS, which by your own words, can open the file
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:58 PM   #547
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@JaiGuru, a calibre plug-in probably isn't the best thing to provide something like spreeder or flash-reader, I'm not even sure its feasible.

However, there's a program called Dictator ( click) that does more or less what spreeder and flash-reader sites do, but on Windows or Linux. It is restricted to reading text files (.txt).

To integrate Dictator into Calibre I would recommend you use the Open With ( click) plug-in

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-02-2014 at 09:06 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:51 PM   #548
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
Social Media Plugin

Calibre needs a social media plug in. More and more authors are using Twitter and Facebook, and most have their own websites. Many of them also have blogs. I'm thinking a settings page that mirrors the Manage Authors page.

Author, Author Sort, Website, Twitter, Facebook, Blog, Instagram, MySpace, Other1, Other2.

Other can be any url link.

When you select a book and right click a submenu of social media appears. That menu will show you whatever links are available for that author. Clicking on it takes you to that page in your browser.

Eventually a database of author sites can be put together, I'm sure there would be many people willing to contribute, myself included.

I'm not a programmer but I thought I would make the suggestion.

Tarisea
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:06 PM   #549
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Extended Embed fonts

Calibre's Embed fonts tool only looks in the System Fonts folder.

Not all my fonts are installed ( Limiting the installed set is very good policy to avoid a sluggish Windows system).

What I would like is an 'extension' to the basic feature.
1) Look in the additional locations specified
2) Allow those locations to be classified: eg. Free, NotFree, Licensed (have license for commercial book use)
3) Filter the (allowed) results by #2's classification

The resulting usage could be: embed fonts only from folders classed as Free.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:18 PM   #550
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The choose font family dialog allows you to add fonts manually, which will then be visible only to calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:35 PM   #551
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The choose font family dialog allows you to add fonts manually, which will then be visible only to calibre.
Thanks, I will try that next time
Old 03-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #552
fem
fem began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx c65 Afterglow
OPML importer (RSS)

I've created an OPML importer plugin, that imports RSS feeds exported in OPML format from feedly or the late google reader.

The plugin thread is here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...17#post2793417
fem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:57 PM   #553
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fem View Post
I've created an OPML importer plugin, that imports RSS feeds exported in OPML format from feedly or the late google reader.

The plugin thread is here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...17#post2793417
Sounds like a great plugin for those that prefer Eink.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:45 PM   #554
QHudspeth
QHudspeth began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Never mind....

Last edited by QHudspeth; 03-25-2014 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Found native functionality
QHudspeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #555
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by QHudspeth View Post
Never mind....
There is a lot of that in Calibre

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development