Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)

Notices

Old 05-20-2015, 06:35 PM   #13051
Lynx-lynx
Kiki's back!
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, Kobo H2O
@libreary addict, you're quite right, IE brings up the new site/checkout for AU as well.

It's changed since I last looked at it.

I'd hate to have to use it, it's just not right, the cart area doesn't show because of 'script' problems and the Checkout page is double shadowed with Edit your details as well as the non edit your details screens both loading over each other. And that's on entry to the Checkout page, not because I chose to edit my details.

Yuck!!
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:05 PM   #13052
Lynx-lynx
Kiki's back!
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
Just to make it clear, the periods and the "+whatever" are two different features of Gmail.

Gmail basically ignores periods in the first part of an email address (before the @ sign). Email sent to
Code:
username@gmail.com
user.name@gmail.com
u.sername@gmail.com
u.s.e.r.n.a.m.e@gmail.com
are all delivered to username@gmail.com .

Gmail also supports address tags (aka sub-addressing or "disposable" email addresses) using a + (plus sign). Other email services such as Yahoo, Outlook.com (Hotmail) and Apple also support address tags with either the + (plus) or - (hyphen).

So depending on the email system used, mail sent to
Code:
joeuser+work@example.com
or
joeuser-family@example.com
is delivered to joeuser@example.com .

See this Wikipedia article for more information and links: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_address#Address_tags

Address tags are useful for filtering your email, automatically sorting incoming email into folders, etc. They are also different from email aliases, but there is some overlap between all three features.
Thank you and other posters who provided this info. I've since used these tips successfully with a gmail account.

I've been trying to work out if Hotmail accounts can be amended in some way like those examples illustrated. I've looked at the wiki link, and tested sending hotmail to accounts with a period, and a plus, and a minus, but none of them have taken.

Examples:
jo.blogs@ (hotmail)
jo+blogs@
jo-blogs@

Does anyone know how to use hotmail in this way? Is it possible?

Thanks
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM   #13053
zelda.owns.link
Addict
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
$4.99 and Under Sale! (US site)

Fiction

Thrillers

Romance

Non-Fiction

Kids & Teens
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:13 AM   #13054
bilal86
bilal86 is a marvel to beholdbilal86 is a marvel to beholdbilal86 is a marvel to beholdbilal86 is a marvel to beholdbilal86 is a marvel to beholdbilal86 is a marvel to beholdbilal86 is a marvel to beholdbilal86 is a marvel to beholdbilal86 is a marvel to beholdbilal86 is a marvel to beholdbilal86 is a marvel to behold

Device: ipod touch 4g
Does anyone have any codes to spare? Please?
bilal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:39 AM   #13055
Lynx-lynx
Kiki's back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilal86 View Post
Does anyone have any codes to spare? Please?
The Contest should start today or very soon.
Old Today, 07:51 AM   #13056
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo H20, Nook Glow, Fire HDX7/8.9, Ipad Air/Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
The Contest should start today or very soon.
I'm creating a list of books I want, only trouble is I go on holiday in two weeks so if it doesn't start within the few days I'm going to miss some of it.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coupon, discount, ridiculous deals