Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-16-2009, 11:54 AM   #46
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW View Post
As of right now MobileRead has 35,820 members.

Predict the date that there will be 40,000 members.

My guess will be somewhere near August 17, 2009.
Whoa! That was an impressive prediction to make, Tad! Predicted 10 weeks ago and off by only one day!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:55 AM   #47
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Whoa! That was an impressive prediction to make, Tad! Predicted 10 weeks ago and off by only one day!
well... one day and one month. still, very impressive !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 11:57 AM   #48
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:

One month and one day, VR. This is JULY.

Still extremely impressive.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #49
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well... one day and one month. still, very impressive !
Oh. Right. This is not August?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #50
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
don't worry vr, i had to check myself. and i thought yesterday was monday, all day long.
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 12:07 PM   #51
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Quote:
don't worry vr, i had to check myself. and i thought yesterday was monday, all day long.

Yesterday my boss signed a form and dated it 9/15/09.

When I took it back to him and told him this was July, not September, he looked at his day/date watch and changed the date to 6/15/09.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #52
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post

When I took it back to him and told him this was July, not September, he looked at his day/date watch and changed the date to 6/15/09.
heh. wow. i'm not sure even *i* am that bad.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:12 PM   #53
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
heh. wow. i'm not sure even *i* am that bad.

Freudian slip maybe?

Possibly lives in the past, looks to the future and doesn't care much for the present.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:25 PM   #54
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Present? Did someone buy a present? Oh boy! Can I see?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:32 PM   #55
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Present? Did someone buy a present? Oh boy! Can I see?

Yep . . . we got the shaggy pooch a pair of glasses so he can read better.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #56
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Where's Nick with those statistics?

Slacker.

We've added 3 more members already in less than an hour.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:27 PM   #57
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post

He's ranging it.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:29 PM   #58
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I will be predicting today, next week and then using a modified Einstein-Rosen Bridge to travel to last month and post my prediction here. Or maybe I will think about it and not bother.......... Or maybe I will think about it and I already haven't bothered or.......... ok I am confused now.

Nice prediction Lady Blue - Congrats
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:34 PM   #59
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
July 13th, 2009. I want my prize to be one of those miniature horses that you can keep in your house and let lie on your lounge until you yell "GET THE HELL OFF MY CHAIR OR IT'S GLUE FACTORY FOR YOU", but he licks my face with sugar-cube breath and I apologise and get him a blanket and a fresh carrot.

...but, July 13th, 2009, a month after Apple brings out their 115-hour battery, full colour e-ink, ruggedised, backlightable, 7" tablet (1/4" thick) running full-blown OSX with every publisher's books being sold at reasonable prices, DRM-free through iTunes.

I think you can put my chances between "outside" and "snowball's in hell".

Cheers,
Marc

Okay, so now that I'm back in the current month, Marc had the closest prediction. So who's going to get the miniature horse for him? Marc, do you have the requisite blanket and carrots ready?
Old 07-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #60
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peverel View Post
I will be predicting today, next week and then using a modified Einstein-Rosen Bridge to travel to last month and post my prediction here. Or maybe I will think about it and not bother.......... Or maybe I will think about it and I already haven't bothered or.......... ok I am confused now.

Nice prediction Lady Blue - Congrats

Thanks Pev, but I cheated. I just happened to be looking at the member count at the right time.

Does that disqualify me for the 100,000 karma points, or the flying carpet ride, or the afternoon of sailing with the otters on pshrynk's nameless boat, or whatever was being offered for the correct prediction?