Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
lizard king
lizard king began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Kobo epub

what is different beetwen kobo epub and standard epub?
and why i can not copy this kind of file to my wife kobo ereader? when i buy book from website i can use digital editions, but it's not working on kobo epubs
soon i plan buy kobo glo i want to know how i could transfer some of this book to new device, it's not problem with books witch i buy from website, but i don'd know what to do with books buy thrue ereader (kobo epub)

p.s.
sorry for my bad english
lizard king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
If you set up the Kobo Glo with the same Kobo account as you use with your current Kobo, then, all of your Kobo books will automatically be transferred to the Glo during the setup process or when you do the first sync.

If you want a version of your Kobo books that is compatible with Digital Editions, then, do this:
1) use a web browser on a PC to go to www.kobobooks.com
2) sign in using your Kobo ID (e-mail address) and password
3) go to My Library>PURCHASED
4) click on the blue button that says ADOBE DRM EPUB beside the book or books you want to download.

After you have done this, for each book selected, an ACSM file will be downloaded to your computer. Open the ACSM file and it will start a process that will download an EPUB file and will open Digital Editions.

Notes:
1) you can also access your Purchase History by clicking the account icon in the Kobo Desktop (top right, middle button)
2) if you transfer the Digital Editions version of a Kobo book to your Kobo reader you will end up with two copies.

Last edited by Joe563; 09-30-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Additional info.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The only difficulty with having two people both reading Kobo ePUBS (aka kepubs) is that any action on one device or app is reflected on all of the devices or apps using that single account. This means that if you and your wife are both reading the same book, and you update bookmarks on your device, the page will change on your wife's device as well. There is a fail safe built in, when you are asked if you want to accept a bookmark from another device, but you will want to pay attention, for sure.

If you delete a book from your reader, it will delete from your wife's.

Many people make the decision that one of the people will use ePUBS and the other kepubs. In my house, my husband reads ePUBs because he reads only on a single device. I prefer kepubs, because I read on my Touch, my phone, and a table, so the sync across devices and apps is important to me.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
WOW, you can even sync your table? Where do you buy your furniture?

Apologies, I couldn't resist.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #5
lizard king

thanks very much

what to when i accidentally delete book from ereader and now i want this back, but i buy this thrue erader and its not in my purchase history on kobo books

Last edited by lizard king; 10-01-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard king View Post
thanks very much

what to when i accidentally delete book from ereader and now i want this back, but i buy this thrue erader and its not in my purchase history on kobo books
Go to the Kobo store on the Kobo Touch and enter the title or author of your book. When the search returns the title of the book you purchased select BUY NOW. If Kobo has a record of your purchase, a screen will be presented with a DOWNLOAD button. Touch the DOWNLOAD button and your book will be downloaded.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
lizard king

thanks mate! it's working