Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
wmacphail@gmail.
wmacphail@gmail. began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Book
Kobo Vox book software refuses to starat

Okay, so this morning I start up my Kobo Vox and the Reader, Library and Kobo software all refuse to run. I get a flash of an error message that I can't quite read, and then nothing. Everything else runs fine, ironically, the one thing the Kobo is meant to do well is DOA. Thoughts? Also, I also got a message that said that the Kobo server was down.
wmacphail@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #2
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Did you do a restart? As in power off and on? Basic troubleshooting for anything that has software.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
wmacphail@gmail.
wmacphail@gmail. began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Book
Yes no go. This morning got this message: Kobo cant start right noe because of a problem connecting to the Kobo server.
wmacphail@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:01 AM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Have you tried going in with one of the other icons? Have you gone into Manage Apps and force stopped the kobo app, cleared the cache and then tried opening again?
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
trek790
Enthusiast
trek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Vox
From an earlier thread about two days ago:

1. Re-run the Set up - Setting > Kobo eReader Settings > Setup Kobo eReader and re-sign-in to your account. Should get new config settings and good to go.
2. If that doesn't work try a factory reset. Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset
3. Still not good or more issues? Hard reboot.
trek790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
There have been intermittent server issues on the Kobo side all weekend.

I don't want to disagree with trek, but I try things in this order:
  • Reboot (hold power button down for 15 seconds, release, tap again like you usually do to start the Vox). You should have everything just as it was before the problem began.
  • Re-run the Kobo set-up
  • Factory reset (send you back to square one and set it up all over again)
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #7
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
There have been intermittent server issues on the Kobo side all weekend.

I don't want to disagree with trek, but I try things in this order:
  • Reboot (hold power button down for 15 seconds, release, tap again like you usually do to start the Vox). You should have everything just as it was before the problem began.
  • Re-run the Kobo set-up
  • Factory reset (send you back to square one and set it up all over again)
I can't get on the net with mine now either. VERY frustrating. Amazing how within 3 days, I went from overjoyed with to enraged at Kobo.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
trek790
Enthusiast
trek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Vox
I guess one can try them in any sort of order, it's just that the first one came from one of the Kobo guys on here...KoboJW(sp?) and then other forum members piled on.
trek790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Yes, that was to reset the Kobo app. I just would never do that or a factory reset to default before trying something a whole lot milder. And a reboot is much, much milder and less trouble than either of the others.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:21 AM   #10
Anjohl
Zealot
Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anjohl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Between the ridiculous "kobo server" error (how does offine reading require a server? Is it a drm issue?), and the sale of Kobo announced just after releease, I am scared stidd. Kobp has not contacted me back since sunday, and I fear the call center staff are just biding time before their layoffs. I am OUT. My android phone will do me just fine.
Anjohl is offline   Reply With Quote